XX

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

DETECTIVE WILLSON was sitting across from me. A silver watch decorated her wrist, whilst she was sipping on her coffee. Her long, brown hair was neatly pulled into a high ponytail. She was barely wearing any makeup, just enough to enhance her natural beauty.

I was unsure why a detective was there to talk to me. It could have been any policeman, but Landon later informed me that they lacked men as it was, and she was the one to step in.

❝Miss Winters,❞ She told me and placed the cup on the table, ❝Can you walk me through what happened?❞

I nodded my head, ❝I spent the night before at my boyfriends house,❞ I was aware of the title I had given Hudson, but I couldn't actually tell her that I was there to fuck a masked man on camera, could I?

I continued, ❝In the morning, I was on the phone with a friend when I entered the building. When I approached my apartment, I saw that the door was opened slightly. I always double check to make sure it was locked, and I knew it wasn't me. The friend I was on the phone with and his girlfriend called 911, and before I ran away, I heard smashing noises in the apartment.

Detective Willson pulled out a small notepad and began scribbling down in bullet points what I told her. My voice was shaky, and I was afraid of going back into the place.

❝Does anyone else have a key to your apartment?❞ She questioned.

❝Yes, the two friends I was on the phone with, Landon Hale and Sophie Myers.❞

Once again, her response was to nod her head and to write down the additional information. For a few seconds, her brows were visibly narrowed, before she was relaxed again.

❝It's the protocol and I have to ask,❞ She said, ❝Is there any chance that Mr.Hale and Miss Myers had anything to do with it?❞

❝Absolutely not.❞

❝Have you seen the pictures that were taken at your home?❞

I shook my head. Detective Willson snapped her fingers and a knock came to the door. A policeman carried a file, gave it to the detective and left. She opened it and pulled out a picture.

I froze and felt like every vein in my body chilled.

It was a picture of my living room, however, had it not been for the couch and the coffee table, I never would have known it was my home. Aside from the fact that it was trashed, the pillows ripped, picture frames on the wall cracked and all the trash scattered on the floor, it wasn't as bad.

Though, once I took a look at the writing on the wall in the crimson red color, I felt myself getting nauseous.

❝Watch your back.❞ I muttered to myself as I read out the words. The ink, what seemed to be written in blood, was dripping, and an eye was drawn. The eye itself was bigger than the sentence.