I sighed as I stared at the hospital in front of me. I wasn't ready to go in and see my Dad like that again. The doctors said he's getting worse and the days are fading away.

I wish he would of gone in for check ups. I wish that we would of seen the signs. I wish we could of done anything to prevent this. I would pay anything for him to get better.

"Are you ready to go in?" Louis' voice spoke softly from beside me.

Louis offered to come with me today and I didn't deny him. I needed him.

I looked at him and nodded. I wasn't truly ready to go in, but I want to spend as much time as I can with my Dad in case anything happens.

I felt Louis grab my hand and bring it up to his mouth. He kissed my hand gently, making butterflies flutter in my stomach.

The past week had been really good with Louis. I wasn't going to lie, I have feelings for Louis. At first I thought maybe this was just me wanting attention since Luke was gone, but now I'm sure that I actually do have feelings for him. Although, I don't know how he feels. He said he cares about me, I know that. But that doesn't mean he has feelings for me. I don't wanna embarrass myself by thinking we're something.

"It'll be okay." He tried to calm my nerves.

"Let's go in." I said unbuckling my seatbelt.

We got out and walked into the hospital. After talking to the receptionist we walked to my Dads room. As soon as I opened the door his face brightened.

"Hi Dad!" I said excitedly as I ran over and hugged him, making sure not to mess up the things he was hooked up to.

"Hey baby, how are you!" He said happily.

"I'm great. How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm feeling fine." He told me.

I knew he was lying. He just didn't want me to be worried.

"Who's this young man?" He smiled motioning to Louis who was leaning against the door frame.

He walked over to us and stood behind me.

"He's my friend." I answered.

His grinned. "A friend?"

I rolled my eyes hearing Louis chuckle from behind me.

"Yes, Dad. A friend." I laughed.

"I'm Louis, it's nice to meet you sir." Louis said holding his hand out to my Dad.

My Dad smiled as happily shook his hand.

"please, call me Bryan." My Father insisted.

Louis nodded.

"So Louis, what do you do for a living?" He asked attempting to get to know Louis better.

Louis and I looked at each other.

"I'm a tattoo artist." He quickly made up a lie.

"Ah, that sounds like a fun job. Did you tattoo your own?" my dad asked pointing to louis' tattooed arms.

"Oh no, I got these done by someone else." He answered looking down at his arms.

my dad nodded. "speaking of work. How's the diner doing Emery?"

"It's going fine." I answer. "Everyone misses you."

he smiles. "I miss them too. Oh, and could you please thank Michael for the card he sent me?"

I nod. "of course. It seems like lots of people sent you cards huh?"

I look over at all the cards handing on the wall.

"Yes. I'll have to write them all thank you letters." He smiled fondly at the cards.

"Excuse me Mrs. Williams, may I speak with you?" A doctor said, popping into the room.

I nodded at him and stood up.

"I'll be right back." I told Louis.

He gave me a small smile as I headed out of the room. I met the doctor in the hall and we sat down.

"So, is he getting any better?" I asked, my voice sounding full of hope.

The doctor pressed his lips together and looked down. I immediately felt my heart sink. This was going to be bad news.

"I'm afraid it's gotten too far and no treatment will help. Of course we could still try the treatments but I thinks it's best we let him go home where he's comfortable." he explained.

I felt as if someone had stabbed me in the gut and twisted the knife. Basically what the doctor is saying is that he's going to die. I want to be selfish and try the treatments but I know that isn't what he would want. He would want to spend his last days at home with me.

A single tear slide down my cheek as I stared at the wall blankly.

"When will he be discharged?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." He gave me a sad smile. "He'll be discharged in the morning."

"I'll be here. Thank you." I said before he gave me a smile and walked away.

I wiped the tears from my face and took a deep breath before walking into the room. Louis and my Dad were chatting with smiles on their faces. seems they're getting along.

My Dad notices me and smiles at me.

"How is everything?" He asked.

I looked at Louis and he nodded at me with a sad smile and left the room. I sat at the edge of the bed and grabbed my dads hand.

"They're going to discharge you tomorrow morning." I told him.

"I can't wait to go home. I've missed it." He said.

I raised my eyebrow at him, confused. "Don't you know what that means, Dad?"

"Honey, I knew I wouldn't get better. I'm okay with this. I've come to terms with it." He told me.

I felt my eyes filling with tears as he spoke. How could he be so ready to leave me like this? I don't understand.

"Aren't you scared? Or sad?" I asked.

"Baby, don't cry." He spoke softly. "It's gonna be okay."

I shook my head. "I don't want you to go."

"I know. But you'll be okay without me."

"Promise?" I looked into his eyes that were slightly watering.

he nodded. "I promise."

I sighed and leaned down to hug him. I didn't let go for a few minutes, wanting wanting savor every moment we had.

"Okay, I'll be here first thing in the morning tomorrow." I smiled sadly.

"I'll see you then." He smiled back.

I waved goodbye and left the room. I found Louis leaning on the wall across from the door.

"Hey, everything okay?" He asked walking over to me.

"No. They're discharging him tomorrow." I told him.

His face softened as he brought me into a hug.

"I'm sorry." He whispered pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

I buried my face into his chest that was covered by a flattering black t-shirt.

This was going to hurt.