𝟏𝟐 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐨 𝐒𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲

A/N 

Hi lovelies! 

I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! 

Hope you're all well and healthy and happy. 

Carys x 

//

*mature content warning*

~ ever so slightly ~

"Another one?"

"Yes, dear."

"The tape is wearing thin, Fred."

"Which means we're on the right track," Freddie smirked.

"Well how many overlays are you planning on doing, exactly?"

"However many I deem fit."

"Right... It's your money."

"Literally," Deacy sighed, sitting back, and crossing his legs.

"Ready when you are, Fred."

"Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see—No it's wrong. I did that note too many times."

I stifled a small chuckle, folding my arms and simply admiring the passion Freddie had. Yes, it got tedious sometimes, looking from the outside in, but you can't take his passion away. He had recorded over 15 vocals so far, for a song none of the other boys knew. They had heard it here and there, but only in snippets. I quickly put the pieces together in my head and realised that this was the combination of three songs that Freddie had mentioned to me briefly.

The studio had become very familiar by now, and over the days, we all made an unconscious effort or decision to make the control room homey. We had blankets in there for times when we were tired and needed a quick nap, Reid had set up a small pantry in the storage cupboard, and there were empty mugs of tea everywhere. I became more partial to the studio than the main house.

"Do you have any idea what he's doing?" I leaned over to Roger.

"Not really, but it's best to just let him have this time. That's how Killer Queen happened, anyways. And Seven Seas... But you remember how secret he was about that until he was positive that he had a hit." I nodded.

"That's true."

"Besides, that means we're all able to do what we would be doing in our own time."

We all watched as Freddie ran back and forth between the microphones set up for him in the live room and listening to what he had recorded in the control room. It was times like these that we got to see Freddie Mercury in his element, and let me tell you, readers, it was an experience that I will cherish until the day I die.

By the time Freddie was ready to build up around his vocal and piano bases, I had my head rested on Roger's shoulder, staying up until 2am slowly catching up on me. In the corner of my eye, I caught Brian, getting up from his place sat on top of one of the amps.

"Oh, we can actually play some music now?" He asked, sending Freddie a playful smile. It was nice seeing Brian like that, honestly, considering the entire time we'd been at the farm, he had a constant sarcastic edge that just wasn't playful in the slightest.

"You can try, dear, I know it's been difficult for you to produce music as of late," Freddie rallied, cheekily grinning at the guitarist.

Brian tried all sorts of riffs and rhythm melodies to accompany Freddie's piano recording. He tried all sorts of combinations for the space Freddie left for a guitar solo. It is a well-known fact that Brian May hates repeating a riff for a solo; this was his time to shine, to make an impact and an impression on the world. People don't want to hear the same thing over and over; they want to hear a solo and remember it forever. They want to hear a melody and be able to identify it within a second.