𝟑𝟒 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

A/N

Hello, everyone!

Another update out for you! I hope you enjoy this one, and as always please let me know your thoughts throughout. I always read EVERY SINGLE ONE of your comments, and they give me so much joy and motivation.

Please check out all the links in my bio <3

Hope you're all safe and well!

C. Bijou x

///

~ dreams and reality ~

November 23rd, 1975 – Bournemouth, England.

Maria

The dressing room was buzzing with activity as the guys prepared for the show in Bournemouth. Instruments were being tuned, stage outfits were being donned, and chatter filled the air. But amidst the excitement, I remained curled up on the sofa in the corner, feeling a mix of emotions swirling around inside me.

My body still felt weak and achy, and my mind was clouded with lingering effects of the drugs. The guilt weighed heavily on me, knowing that I had allowed myself to fall back into old patterns of self-destructive behaviour. But I also felt grateful for the support and concern from the guys, who were all checking in on me.

Freddie crouched down in front of me, his gentle eyes full of worry. "How are you feeling, dear?" he asked, placing a comforting hand on my knee.

I managed a weak smile, trying to hide the turmoil inside me. "I'll be okay," I replied, my voice hoarse.

"You scared us, you know," Roger chimed in, his face serious. "We all care about you, Maria. We can't bear to see you like this."

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, looking down and furrowing my eyebrows. "I didn't mean to cause any trouble."

"It's not your fault, Maria," Deacy reassured me, taking a seat beside me. "This is what friends are for, right?"

I nodded, feeling a mixture of gratitude and guilt. I knew they were right, and I appreciated their support, but I couldn't help but blame myself for the mess I had gotten myself into.

As the guys continued to prepare for the show, I watched them with awe and envy. They were so focused, so driven, and they had each other to lean on. I felt almost like an outsider in some way, someone who didn't quite belong in their world. At least not in that moment.

Honestly, I hadn't spoken much at all that day. I spent most of it sleeping on the bus as we travelled to Bournemouth. What little I had spoken, it had been to Brian. I couldn't believe that the only person I was really talking to was the one person I promised myself I wouldn't talk to, but life works in mysterious ways, I suppose.

Brian had been nothing but supportive over the last twenty-four hours. I'd never seen him so worried, so anxious and agitated about anything—except, perhaps, when he was considering pausing the work he was doing on his PhD. I felt incredibly embarrassed that he had to see me in the state I was in, that any of them had to see me like that, but he was there. That was so important to me. And whilst I was on the fence about my feelings about Brian before, as I sat there and watched him as he fluffed up his hair, making sure everything was perfect for the stage, my heart had never beat so fervently for anyone else as much as it did for him in that moment.