𝟐𝟔 𝐀𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭

A/N 

Hello everyone! New update for you. This is more of a filler chapter, and hopefully it's okay for you. 

I know Maria is getting a bit... tedious at the moment, but it'll pay off eventually, I promise. Don't go anywhere. 

I have a small request: if you could, could you share this book and PLG around and maybe recommend it to people you think may enjoy it? I'm working really hard on this, and it'd be somewhat nice if I got a little more engagement both from new and current readers. 

Either way, I appreciate those of you who are present, always. So much <3 

Anyway, make sure to check out the links in my bio for all those things I usually go on about in my author's notes.

 Enjoy this chapter!

C. Bijou x

*Small note: I suggest you watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. It's tragic, but it's a fucking masterpiece!*

//

~ almost vacant ~

Roger

I huffed, an expression of exasperation contorting my face as I surveyed the arrangement of my living room. It was a scene of chaos, like a puzzle missing a crucial piece. My gaze settled on the misplacement of the sofa, and a frown etched its way across my brow.

"That's just not right," I muttered to myself, my voice a blend of annoyance and determination. I dashed towards the rebellious sofa, determined to rectify its audacious defiance. Gripping its arm with a firm resolve, I summoned every ounce of strength within me.

With a grunt and a display of exertion, I commenced the grand endeavour of sofa relocation. Muscles strained and knees wobbled under the weight, but I was undeterred. Inch by inch, I dragged the sofa across the floor, leaving a trail of scraped carpet and exaggerated huffs in my wake.

The absurdity of the situation wasn't lost on me. Here I was, engaged in an epic struggle with an inanimate object, as if the fate of the universe depended on its proper placement. Sweat beaded on my forehead, my brow furrowing with concentration.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of herculean effort, the sofa found its new home. I stepped back, panting slightly, and surveyed my handiwork with a self-satisfied grin. It was as if the room heaved a collective sigh of relief, basking in the newfound harmony of its furnishings.

I plopped down onto the sofa, a triumphant sigh escaping my lips. The comedic battle was won, and the room radiated with a light-hearted energy. I couldn't help but chuckle at the absurdity of the situation, realising that sometimes, even the simplest tasks could become the most epic adventures. With a renewed sense of accomplishment, I settled into the newly positioned sofa, basking in the joy of a flat that finally, somewhat, made sense. It was a little victory in the whimsical theatre of everyday life.

With a contented sigh, I nestled my head into the soft embrace of the plush sofa cushions. The comforting support cradled my weary body, coaxing my muscles into relaxation. As my eyes closed, the tension in my chest dissipated, and a gentle rhythm settled over me.