𝟏𝟔 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐫

Hello, my loves! 

Thought I would make up for how intense and nasty the last chapter was. I have a feeling that you will rather like this chapter. 

Enjoy!
 Carys x 

~~~~

~ like a blur ~

"We can't be slacking anymore, you lot. We have to power through this last week." Reid looked at each member of Queen with a slightly annoyed expression. "I've spent a lot of money getting you all these locations to record and write and do whatever it is you have to do, and now we only have a week left—pull yourselves together."

I looked at each of the boys with furrowed eyebrows, before looking back at Reid. "John, they've been doing nothing but working..." I told him softly.

"Have they, Maria?" Paul interjected. "I only see Freddie working his arse off in here."

"Do you, Paul?" I copied. "You only see what you want to see—I have seen all of them working their arses off in here." I shot daggers at him from where I was perched on an amplifier.

"I don't think arguing about it will help anything," Deacy attempted to stop a fight before it started, but none of us listened.

"How do you know who has or hasn't been in here when you're off sha—"

"Give it a rest, will you? Fucking Irish bastard..." I mumbled under my breath.

"That's enough, Maria." Reid scolded me. "I'm just reminding everybody that we have a week left here so any songs that have been purposefully avoided need to be sorted, okay?"

"Did you have to come off so aggressive, though? They're not kids, they're adult men." I glanced to the side, Brian's eyes firmly on me. They were all stood there like deer in headlights; nobody knew why Reid had been in an off mood that day. He was so angry at nothing. Don't get me wrong, I knew John Reid had a bit of an attitude when he got stressed, but I could usually tell when that was going to happen. This, however, came out of nowhere.

"I think they can speak for themselves," Paul folded his arms, smirking in Freddie's direction. It angered me to see Freddie return it.

"I didn't ask you, did I?" I responded, tilting my head to the side.

"You have to be more professional, Maria. Being abrasive isn't very attractive."

"Who the fuck are you to tell me to be professional, you're only here out of convenience."

"Stop!" Brian yelled at the two of us. "This isn't us recording or getting anything done, so why don't we all just shut up and get the fuck on with the album?"

I took a deep breath, running my tongue over my teeth. "Yep." I nodded, briefly looking back at Brian, then at Reid, and then, reluctantly, at Paul.

It was awkward as everyone got back to work. I mean, how does one simply continue after an outburst like that? I'm not the type of person to just let things go, and I needed to know where Reid's mind was at, so I didn't antagonise him unintentionally. So, I followed him out of the studio, making sure to get ahead of Paul.

"Are you alright?" I asked him as I caught up with him, walking beside him.

"I'm fine." He bluntly replied.

"No, you're not." I shook my head. "I'd rather you tell me if I've done something wrong to upset you—"

"Not all about you, Maria." He huffed.