𝟏𝟕 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

A/N 

Hi lovies! 

I'm so sorry for the wait; university work is killing me. But I'm in my final year so all the assignments are like ten times more intense haha. 

Anyway, I hope this chapter makes up for the long wait. And... I hope you sincerely enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

Remember to leave me feedback, I LOVE reading your comments. Hope you're all well and healthy. 

Carys x

-----------------------------------

*mature content ahead*

HIDDEN TALENTS

I took a deep breath as I swallowed my hot black coffee, my elbows rested upon the surface of the kitchen counter. I watch Reid as he fixed his breakfast, the usual apple porridge and breakfast tea.

The aura was calm that morning, and I felt lighter; something had been lifted off of my shoulders, and I had a strong inkling of what that thing was.

I wasn't expecting to have such an honest and mature conversation with Brian about anything that happened between us, but I didn't even have to initiate one – he came to me. That said, I felt quite pathetic getting so excited over the prospect of simply being friends with him again. I'd done so much work to cut him out of my memory, only the problem was that I couldn't let go of him. I simply stored him away in a box and on a shelf in my mind marked 'memorabilia'. The memories were there. I'd just rather have not reminisced. Until the farm, that was, and I had to set eyes on him again.

The knowledge of Brian now knowing that what transpired between Roger and I in December of 1972 was totally alcohol fuelled and was in no way in an attempt to diminish Brian as a lover, felt like a breath of fresh air.

And somewhere inside I felt fragments of the old me settling back in place.

"Morning Maria," Roger called over to me as he approached the kitchen, heading straight for the coffee machine. "You look nice today."

I grinned, my grip tightening on my mug. "Thank you, Roger." He smiled back at me, before turning to pour himself a coffee.

I'd made a bit of an effort when I woke up. Along with my usual routine of showering, brushing my teeth, etc... I also decided to actually focus on what I was dressing in as opposed to slinging on any old thing I found shoved into a drawer. Those jeans, Brian likes those jeans. I dressed with him in mind. What can I say, I'm a sucker for being complimented. God knows I needed it at that point in my life.

I chose a tight-fitting t-shirt to tuck into the jeans, mostly because that shirt in particular really accentuated... certain female parts that people like to stare at. I topped it off with a pair of platforms and lightly curled my hair so when I brushed it out it went slightly wavy. I kept my make up light and subtle – Brian always liked it when I was in my most natural form, anyways. But I didn't have the confidence to walk around without make up on at all – not quite yet.

So, when Roger complimented me, I felt a self-indulgent sense of pride in my stomach. If Roger thought I looked nice, then surely...

"Why are you touching the coffee machine again?"

"Will you just bugger off and let me make my breakfast?"

"Not if you're going to fuck up the appliances – we can't afford to have them replaced, mate."