𝟑𝟖 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮

A/N

Hope you enjoy this update! I have a feeling you will all like it ;)

Also, just so you all know, there are 50 chapters in this story, so we're nearing the home stretch!

**mature content warning**

//

~ONLY YOU~

Maria

I found myself spending that night in Brian's room, the dinner we had planned expanding into a cascade of conversation that seemed to flow endlessly. With each passing word, it felt as though a hidden world was unfurling before me, one that I had unknowingly craved for a long time.

As the night progressed, Brian opened up about the new song he wrote even further. He spoke of how my presence in his life had shaped the melody and lyrics, how my influence intertwined with the electric buzz of touring in Japan. It was surreal to think that my mere existence could spark such inspiration in him, and the thought sent a warm glow through my veins.

In those moments, I felt transported back in time, as if the years between had vanished and I was back in the midst of our university days. The same exhilarating flutter danced in my stomach—the same sensation that had coursed through me as I watched him strumming away at the Red Special in The King's Head. The same sensation that had enveloped me when our lips first met on his sofa at Sinclair Road.

It was as if I had finally recognised the gaping hole that had been left in my soul for two long years, a void that was slowly but surely being filled again with Brian's re-entrance into my life. The familiarity and comfort we shared was like coming home after a long journey, a place where I truly belonged.

Yet, even with the undeniable chemistry and the rush of emotions, a sense of apprehension lingered. The prospect of venturing into a romantic relationship once again brought a wave of unease—a mix of excitement and fear that I couldn't quite shake off. Yes, I had tried to move forward, to explore different connections, but nothing had come close to replicating the warmth I felt in Brian's embrace years back.

It occurred to me that perhaps life had orchestrated its own timing, placing us at the crossroads again when we were both ready, despite the bittersweet circumstances that had led us here. It was as if the universe had conspired to guide us back to each other, regardless of the challenges we had faced or the paths we had tread.

The soft morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the room. As I slowly blinked awake, I found myself in an unfamiliar yet comforting embrace. Brian's presence beside me was a soothing balm to my senses, and my gaze instinctively drifted towards him.

He lay there, still deep in slumber, his chest rising and falling rhythmically. The lines of worry that often etched his face were now smoothed out in sleep, his features relaxed and peaceful. His dark, tousled hair fell across his forehead in gentle disarray, and I admired the way his lashes brushed against his cheeks, casting delicate shadows.

I observed him quietly, a soft smile tugging at the corners of my lips. It was a sight that felt both intimate and vulnerable, as if I had been granted a glimpse into a hidden part of him that few others had the privilege to witness. There was a serene beauty in this moment, an unguarded glimpse of Brian May that resonated deep within me.