𝟒𝟒 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧

A/N 

Hello, here's another update. I am currently quite sick, so I just thought I'd post a new chapter that I have written up. Like I said in the last update, the following chapters are going to be filler chapters and (hopefully) building blocks for the third book. Please stay around, I know some of these aren't the best or the most sophisticatedly written. But listen, sometimes morale is low and I do this for free, soooo lol 

Anyway please enjoy this. I'm sure you will ;) 

Xx 

**mature content ahead**

//

24th April 1976 – Heathrow, London

Maria

It was a struggle getting from point A to B, navigating through the hordes of fans awaiting Queen's arrival. Just finding the correct security guard to help us into the waiting area was a task in itself.

I'd never actually been in an airport before, my twenty-six years of living not warranting a visit to one, though I did want to travel abroad. It was just a case of earning enough money... which required a decent job... with a decent pay.

Anyway.

"Bloody hell," I huffed, grasping Veronica's hand in mine as she was helped over the railing by security.

I looked back at the crowd, which not only consisted of fans, but of reporters and photographers too. Beyond them were passersby with luggage and tickets in their grasp, curiously eyeing the chaos near them as they rushed to their allocated terminals.

"You alright?" I asked Ronnie with a smile as she brushed off her long, flowing dress. She looked up at me and straightened her posture with a nod.

"Yep, just wasn't expecting to have to do that," she muttered with a very subtle side-glance to the security guard that hoisted her over a lot more enthusiastically than he needed to. I tried to stifle my laughter, my hand covering my mouth and dragging her with me to the seats in the terminal the boys would be arriving at.

"Are you excited to see John?" I asked her as we sat down.

"Obviously, yes," she giggled. I smiled at her and looked over at the empty runway. Nibbling on my lower lip, I felt the growing excitement bubbling in the pit of my stomach.

I'd coped decently with not seeing Brian for this long, but it was starting to be too long now. His proposition that we'd move in together made the remaining month and a half more bearable, as I had something to look forward to besides just seeing him.

"How are you feeling about seeing Brian again?" Ronnie asked me, bringing me from my thoughts.

"I'm excited. I've missed him."

"I bet. Is this the longest you've been away from him?"

"Apart from when we weren't together, yeah," I sighed. "How do you cope with it?" I asked her softly.

"How do I cope with John being away a lot?" She shifted in her seat, taking a deep breath. "It's difficult. But you get used to it after a while. I wouldn't have married him if I thought I couldn't handle the touring and the studio time... I don't know, I guess it's just like being in a relationship with someone that has a 24/7 shift. Like a firefighter. They go when they're needed."