𝟏𝟖 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐨𝐤𝐞

A/N 

Thank you all for being so super duper patient with an update. 

I HAVE A VERY VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE: 

So, it has been almost 4 years since I first published Peace Lovin' Guy back in July of 2019 and it's been a huge part of my life since then. The story of Maria and Brian has been near and dear to me and I have been going over what I can do to commemorate the 4 year anniversary... and I finally came up with an idea. 

Whilst I've been away, I've not only entirely finished my university degree (go me), I have also done a COMPLETE REVISION and EDIT of PLG.

 And some time in early July, Peace Lovin' Guy will be available, for the first time, as a PAPERBACK on AMAZON! 

I have done every single step of it myself, including the interior designing, formatting, and the outer cover design. I have sent off for my own proof copy to check everything is in working order, but I will inform you all once I know the dates for this VERY SPECIAL piece of work. This version of PLG won't be available on Wattpad, and will only be available in this form. I'm very excited about this, and I hope all of you are too. So... come summer, hopefully a good handful will own PLG on your bookshelves for a very affordable price. 

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, as well as chapter 18 of Get Your Heart Beating. 

As always... enjoy! 

C. Bijou x

///

18 ~ that fucking coke ~

"'Cause lately it's been so hard to make ends meet, and honey, you're heading down a one-way street."

I tapped my foot along to the silent song in my head, singing the lyrics to One Way Street by Aerosmith under my breath (a song I had only just had the pleasure of experiencing, despite it having been out for two years now). I flinched a tiny bit when the fatty oil from the bacon in the pan spat in my direction but didn't let up on my bubbly exterior. I swiftly carried the pan over to the tissue on the counter and placed the strips of bacon onto it to drain the unnecessary grease.

"Woah, it smells good in here!"

I could tell by the slightly nasally tone that Deacy had come downstairs.

"Doesn't it?" I replied, putting the pan back onto the stove on one of the unlit rings. I turned the gas off and looked at Deacy. "I made bacon for everyone. Is everyone awake?"

"Oh, yeah," he smiled, coming over and helping himself to a few strips of bacon. "They're all talking about—arguing about who did that painting that's on the wall upstairs." He shook his head.

I rolled my eyes playfully, taking a strip of bacon for myself. Deacy paused for a second and looked over me, but then continued filling his cup with coffee I'd already prepared.

"I smell baco—are you eating?" Roger appeared behind me, looking at me like I'd started speaking a foreign language. Deacy glared at him.

"Um... Yeah, it's good bacon. What's your point?"