𝟒𝟔 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

A/N 

Here's a cheeky update. 

Please, as always, let me know your thoughts. I love reading all of your comments. 

Enjoy! 

C x

//

June 1976 – Kensington, London

Freddie

I stretched lazily in my bed, the morning sun filtering through the gossamer curtains, a warm glow bathing the room. The scent of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air, mingling with the delicate aroma of croissants and marmalade.

Dave had been staying with me for a few days now, and the tranquillity of our cosy morning rituals was a welcome respite from the whirlwind of rock 'n' roll—something I'd be inevitably thrust back into in a month, with the looming schedule to record our next album.

I padded barefoot into the kitchen, the plush carpet comforting my every step. Dave sat at the breakfast table, engrossed in the morning paper, his tousled hair adding a touch of endearing disarray to the scene.

"Morning, darling," I purred, planting a kiss on the crown of his head.

Dave looked up at me with a smile, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Good morning, Freddie. How did you sleep?"

"Like an angel, of course," I replied with a theatrical flourish, unable to resist it even in the sanctity of our private space.

I reached for the French press, pouring myself a steaming cup of coffee, the rich aroma enveloping me like an old friend. As I savoured the first sip, a pair of furry, mischievous companions vied for my attention. Tom and Jerry. They weaved around my legs, their insistent purring a constant symphony in the background.

"Morning, my little darlings," I cooed, crouching down to stroke their fur. "Did you miss me last night? I promise I'll spend the whole day spoiling you both rotten."

Tom arched his back in a luxurious stretch, while Jerry rubbed his cheek against my hand, his affectionate nature bringing a smile to my face. They were my confidants, my loyal companions in the intervals of my bustling life.

Dave glanced up from the newspaper, a twinkle in his eye as he observed my unabashed adoration for our furry friends. "You spoil those cats more than you spoil me, Freddie," he teased, his affectionate tone belying any hint of jealousy.

I straightened up, a playful glint in my eye as I sauntered over to the table, coffee in hand. "Well, you know, they have a certain charm that's hard to resist. Besides, they don't complain about my eccentricities." I settled into the chair across from him, taking a delicate sip of the steaming brew.

Dave chuckled, shaking his head in mock exasperation. "True, true. But at least they can't take you out for dinner, can they?"

I leaned forward, a conspiratorial grin tugging at my lips. "No, but they can curl up next to me on the sofa while we watch old movies. And that's practically the same thing, isn't it?" I countered with a wink, knowing full well that my affinity for films of the forties and fifties was no secret to him.