Mufasa's Death

Amber's POV

We reach pride rock and Nala spots us. "Amber, Tama!" she cheers and runs over.

"We need to see the king" I pant.

"The king is not here, he left for his morning patrol already" Nala's mum states. "Are you two young ones alright?" she asks us.

"No, we're not fine. Our pride is in danger" Tama states.

"We were attacked by hyenas last night and we barely escaped. Mum told us to come h for help, they're still back there" I explain.

"How many?" Queen Sarabi asks.

"Hundreds" we tell her.

"Sarafina, rally the lionesses. We must go help our sister pride" Sarabi instructs. Sarafina runs off. Soon Sarafina returns with nine lionesses. "Maisha, you and your two sisters will stay here to protect the little ones. Laza your the fastest, go find Mufasa and tell him what's going on. Then tell Scar and get him back here with Simba. The rest of you with me" she orders. They all nod and most leave.

Only three lionesses remained with us cub. "Hi little ones, I'm Maisha. You both look exhausted, you should get some rest" she tells us.

"No, I won't rest until I see my mm is safe" Tama states.

"Nor will I" I agree.

"Very well, lets at least go inside" she suggests. We agree and follow her into the den with Nala. Maisha's sister's bring up the rear. "Those are my little sisters, twins. Jua and Utamu" she tells us. We just nod.

"So what exactly happen?" Nala asks us curious.

"Well first there was no prey for the hunting party yesterday. So the adults decided to try hunting wildebeest today by the canyon. Which lead us to going to be early" Tama explains.

"Except, in the middle of the night we woke to hyenas cackling" I state. "They stormed the den, while we escaped out the back way with our mums. But then we saw hundreds of hyenas bearing down on the main entrance. So my mum went back to warn our pride" I explain.

"While my mum lead us away. But we were followed, she had us hide. Told us to run at the first sign of danger. Which we did" Tama explains.

"We reached the river and started to cross. I slipped and nearly fell in. But Tama saved me" I state. "Thank you for that by the way" I say giving her a small smile.

"Of course, you're my best friend. I wasn't going to leave you" she states.

"Then what happened?" Jua asks us.

"We were in the pride lands and saw the hyenas across the river. Fearing they'd follow us, we run blindly in the dark. Until we no longer heard them" I state.

"They had stopped following us" Tama adds.

"But we were lose, had no idea where we were. It took us hours to find the watering hole. But then the sun had began to rise, we took off running here. And the rest you know" I finish.

"Do you think our pride is ok?" Tama asks them. They remain silent looking at each other. Tama and I start to tear up. We might of lost our family.

(Time skip)

Tama and I had fallen asleep. But woke when we heard Scar return with Laza. "Have the others returned?" he asks Maisha.

"No Scar, but they may have injured with them" she states.

"Where's King Mufasa and Prince Simba?" Jua asks.

"I'll explain later once the others have returned" he states and left us. The others didn't return until the sub began to sunset. Alone.

"Where are our mums?" Tama asks.

"Our pride, my dad?" I ask them.

"We're sorry little ones" Sarafina tells us sadly.

"They are gone" Sarabi states.

"No!" we cry and they comfort us as we sob.

"This is a day of great lose for us all" Scar states.

"Scar where is Mufasa and my son?" Sarabi asks him.

"I'm sorry my queen" Laza says sadly.

"It's with a heavy heart that I must tell you all of my brother and nephew's deaths" Scar announces. We gasp in shock looking up at him. "There was a stampede in the gorge, Simba was down there. Mufasa attempted to save. I tried to help, but was to late" he tells us.

We all begin to cry more. "Mufasa's death is a terrible tragedy. But to lose Simba, who had barely begun to live" Scar says mournfully. Scar puts a paw to his forehead in feigned sorrow. The lionesses bow their heads mournfully. "For me, it is a deep, personal loss" he states.

As Zazu comforts Sarabi and cries into her mother's leg. Tama and I cry together. "So it is with a heavy heart that I assume the throne" Scar declares. "We will take in the orphaned cubs of our sister pride and raise them" he adds. "Out of the ashes of this tragedy, we shall rise to greet a dawning of a new era" he tells us.

Zazu gasps looking behind Scar. We all follow his gaze and gasp in shock we hyenas appear. Maisha stands over Tama and I protectively as we shake in fear. "In which lion and hyena come together, in a great and glorious future!" Scar announces.

"But they killed my pride!" I yell.

"If you wish to leave, do so" he states and entered the den.

"Queen Sarabi, can't you do something?" Tama asks.

"Afraid not, he is king and his word is law" she states sadly. "But you both cannot leave, it'd be a death sentence" she tells us.

"Better to die out there, then live with the things that murdered our pride" I tell her. Tama nods her head in agreement.

"We'll discuss this in the morning, for now we must all sleep" Sarabi states.

"You expect us to sleep with those monsters around?" Tama demands.

"Don't worry, they won't come near any of you" Sarafina assures us.

"Trust us" Sarabi says and picks me up. Maisha picked up Tama, while Nala was picked up by Sarafina. We entered the den with the other lionesses. Who formed a protective circle around us in a the middle of the room. We all got pretty much no sleep that night as we moaned our loses.

A/N

Picture above of the pride's reaction to the news of hyenas joining them. Picture on the external link of the hyenas arriving at Pride Rock.