FIFTEEN

From the data you'd so bravely collected, you were able to extract several potential addresses, splitting off in teams to investigate.

That now led you to a house, hidden in the mountains on the outskirts of Las Almas. A glowing pool sat at the back, arched windows along the hallways.

You'd never get used to the beauty of the architecture here.

You were stooped atop another building in the mountains, tactical gear strapped tightly to you this time, with Alejandro, Graves, Soap, and Ghost. It was dark, and you watched as people were let through the guarded gate, some of which, you recognised from the party.

"La casa de Sin Nombre?" Soap asked,

"No. One of his Lugartenientes."

"A cartel lieutenant."

"Nice, brother." Alejandro complimented, "you're learning."

"Aye. (Y/N)'s been teaching me."

You grinned proudly, happy that Soap had been making progress with the language.

"My sources tell me all the VIPs in Las Almas will be there tonight. Some are invited, others are, um..."

"Volun-told?" Graves said, Alejandro nodding. "What's the meet about?"

"Us. Las Almas is burning, and they want to know who lit the fire."

You stood next to Ghost, a little further back than the others, both of you sporting your masks. You looked at each other, sharing a look that you both understood.

This isn't good.

"Sin Nombre will be there, yeah?" Ghost asked.

"No guarantees, but this is our best shot."

"Then we take it. I've got enough Shadows here to take over the whole damn country."

"I'd prefer if you didn't." Alejandro scowled.

"I'm just sayin'...one house shouldn't be a problem."

You rolled your eyes, "yeah, I'm sure the civilians here would really appreciate that."

"We need Sin Nombre alive." Ghost said, stepping to Graves.

"Then we need to meet him."

An involuntary groan left your lips, your head tipping back. Graves was getting on your very last nerve. 

"And how do you suggest we do that?" you said, joining the group.

"Give 'em what they want...intel. They wanna know who's here. Let's tell 'em."

"In person?" Alejandro matched your attitude.

"Correcto. Get one of us inside, find the boss, roll him up."

"I hope that's you volunteering to go. Think I've done enough on this one." you spat.

You hated the way he was so very willing to have you or your team walk into enemy territory, completely unarmed. But then, the man in front of you was now a stranger. You didn't know him at all anymore. 

And it wasn't the first time he'd sacrificed others to get what he wanted.

"I'll do it." Soap said.

You shook your head, "What? No you fucking won't." 

"You go in there, and they'll kill you, hermano." Alejandro said lowly.

"I'll take my chances."

"Soap don't-"