THIRTY ONE

The excitement buzzing through you was similar to that of a child at Christmas.

Your best friend was back, with a fucking fiancée, and your team was together again. Ghost moved all of his things into your room the second you pushed the newcomers upstairs. 

There was only one spare room, and of course it was Laswell's for the taking.

The newly engaged shouldn't be sleeping separate.

That was the excuse Ghost gave when he was running his belongings from his door to yours. Soap had scoffed, making a quip along the lines of 'Sure L.T., not like that's your girl's room or anything'. 

Ghost silenced him quickly, but couldn't help the smile that crept onto his cheeks underneath the mask.

Soap was right.

He just wanted to be with you every second that he could. It's not like he was using the bed anymore anyway, he spent every night sneaking into your room and then sneaking out in the mornings.

Glances were stolen every time he entered, as you were in the room, helping Alex and Farah get settled in.

"Are you sure he doesn't mind?" she asked, gesturing to Ghost as he walked out, a pile of books in his arms.

You smiled, shaking your head, "It was his idea."

"So, I was right then?" Alex spoke, wriggling his brow at you.

"Right about what?"

"You and Ghost."

"It wasn't all sunshine and daisies, Al. It took a lot to get here, including him acting like I didn't exist for nearly three weeks."

Alex frowned; he had no idea things had been so difficult for you, and he felt the same guilt as the day he left you in Las Almas crawl back.

He remembers the anger when he found out Graves kidnapped you, he remembers the heartbreak when he heard you'd killed him for it, and he remembers wanting to slaughter everyone when he heard you tried to sacrifice yourself for the cause.

After all, you were his best friend, and he'd rather die than lose you.

"I'm sorry, angel. I wish I was there-"

You placed a hand on his arm, shushing him, "It's okay, Keller. I'd do it all again if I had to. It seems that Simon Riley was worth waiting for after all."

"Oh my god." Farah exclaimed, placing her hands on your face, "You're in love."

You blushed wildly, and the smile on your face was a dead give away. It caused her to squeal, losing her composure for a moment, wrapping her arms around you as she jumped up and down.

"Yeah," you breathed once she released you, "I guess I am."

"I'm glad you're happy now." Alex whispered, placing a soft kiss to your forehead.

"And I'm glad you pulled your head out of your arse enough to give this fine woman what she deserves." You spoke, swinging your arm over Farah's shoulder.

Alex rolled his eyes, but smiled, "Yeah yeah, whatever."

The rest of the day was a celebration.

Beautiful moment after beautiful moment.

Laswell had even allowed you to video call with Alejandro and Rudy, who both gave you a telling off for what you did in Chicago. You couldn't help but shed a few tears, both happy and sad as you missed them both too much.