SEVENTEEN

Splashes of water as cold and sharp as ice cut at your face as you sped across the surface of the ocean, packed into a boat with Graves, Soap and Alejandro.

You had managed to contact Shepherd, who found that there was an oil rig only 400 miles off the coast, where the cartel had been using it as a dead drop, with a cargo ship anchored not 500 meters away. There, a large container was seen on surveillance being moved from the ship to the rig.

If the missile was anywhere, it'd be there.

Ghost was leading the first team boat, comprising of him and Shadow Company. They would be infiltrating the ship. You and Alejandro made up the second team, heading to the rig along with the third team; Soap and Graves.

Your clothing and tactical gear was soaked through, mask now completely stuck to your face. You clutched your gun in your hands, listening as the others reviewed the plan.

On arrival, you were the first to leave the boat, Alejandro boosting you up to the metal bars. Once you were up, you began expertly climbing, weaving in and out of the structure. The others opted to climb up using the ropes, but you were no stranger to a little acrobatics.

"Reaper, slow down! We're not up and ready yet." Graves said through your comms.

"Negative, Shadow." you grunted, "haul ass."

Despite your method being supposedly slower, you reached the platform before they did, and had taken out three unsuspecting guards while you waited.

"Damn, Reaper." Graves said as he reached the platform.

"I don't know why you keep acting so surprised." you said, offering your hand to pull him over.

The minute the teams were on the platform, you split off, all of you putting your various training and skills to the ultimate test. 

You went ahead alone, opting to use your knives where you could. 

The others were just slowing you down.

"Shadow to Reaper, where the hell are you?" 

"Clearing staircase to main deck." you grunted, slamming your knife into the body in front of you before pushing him overboard.

"Already?"

"When the Reaper comes, death is sure to follow." you said, making your voice gravelly and low.

A chuckle erupted over comms, "Was that supposed to be Batman?"

"Yes, Soap, it was. You tryin' to tell me it wasn't?"

"6-2, 7-1. Focus up." 

"Boo, you're no fun, Ghost."

"Oh really?"

You decided not to answer, only smirking as you stood cockily on the stairs, watching the rest of your team weave around the bodies as they came to you.

"Reaper on your left!" Soap yelled to you.

As you turned, a cartel member ran at you full speed, clearly with the intent of trying to push you overboard. With the dark of the night and the rain pouring, it made it difficult to spot him, and he managed to get you down, cutting your arm with a knife.

You let out an angered yell, using all the strength you had to lift the man with your legs, kicking him backwards over the railing.

A little move that Alex had taught you.

"Reaper! Baby you good?" Graves said, pushing Soap out of the way to help you off the ground.

Your arm was bleeding, a gash along your bicep. He moved your arm to look, and you winced.