TWENTY ONE

The rush in the safe house was wild.

Everyone was running around, packing as much ammo and weapons into the trucks as possible. 

You stared into the small mirror in the back room. Black was smudged around your eyes, your mask sat snug on your face. Perfect, like it had been made for you.

Your tactical vest was strapped on tightly, packed with grenades, smoke bombs, and ammo. Your knives were pinned in various places, easily accessible for you to throw.

You were ready.

But your heart wasn't.

Graves had been your fiancé for almost a year, the wedding had been mere months away. You were so ready and so willing to give your life to a person you didn't even know. The thought knocked you sick. 

But you couldn't deny the fact that up until four months ago, you were totally, irrevocably, in love with that man.

Now you felt nothing.

Except rage.

Hatred.

He took your team away, kidnapped you, tried to kill your family. 

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" 

You looked up, seeing the reflection of Price behind you, "I'm sure."

"(Y/N), this isn't just some mission. You were gonna marry the man-"

"Yeah. I was. And he still killed my team. He still tried to kill Ghost and Soap. He still kidnapped me and Ale. He fucking drugged me."

You laughed a sarcastic laugh, tipping your head back to will the tears away, and turned to face him.

"He did all that, while still begging for me to marry him. Still claiming he did it because he loved me. You don't do that to someone you love."

"I know, sweet'eart, I know." Price said, pulling you into his arms. "I just don't want you to ruin yourself over this. He ain't worth it."

"God, I hate it when you're right."

"Speaking of which, I knew I was right about you and Simon." he said, smirking at you.

"Oh just fuck off will you?"

Laughing, the two of you followed the others outside, Price giving the team one final brief before everyone starting piling into the trucks.

The plan was to infiltrate in two teams.

Ghost Team 1 was Alejandro, Gaz, Price, and a pilot.

Ghost Team 2 was you, Rudy, Ghost, Soap, and the rest of Los Vaqueros.

Riding in the car, you sat at the back, facing the rest of the team. Twirling in your fingers was your dog tags, elbows resting on your knees as you leant forward. 

Soap and Ghost shared a look - your eyes were hollow, looking dead a head. 

They were worried for you.

Ghost, well, he was absolutely petrified.

He'd put his entire heart on the line now, in front of everyone no less. But he also knew what it felt like to need revenge, to need that closure, and he'd damn-well make sure you'd get it.