TWENTY NINE

Eyes fluttering open as birds sang outside, you woke up to the morning light flooding your room. For once, you felt rested. You'd slept through the entire night; peacefully and undisturbed.

Going to sit up, you realised you couldn't.

The heavy weight of another body had you pinned to the mattress.

Turning to the side, you smiled softly. There laid Ghost...Simon. Face smushed into the pillow as he lay on his front, his arm draped over your waist. His legs were tangled in the covers, much like yours. The covers had slipped down, exposing his bare back to the air. 

The sight made your mouth water.

As quietly as possible, so not to disturb him, you slipped out from his grip, escaping the confines of the bed. You were still clad in just your underwear and his hoodie, but given the fact it was so big, you shrugged, opting to just thrown on some fluffy socks.

You headed to the bathroom, combing your hair into a quick bun and brushing your teeth. When you returned, he was sat up, a pout playing on his lips.

"Ya left me." he whimpered.

"I went to pee, Si." you said, rolling your eyes.

You walked back over, perching on his side of the bed. The second your ass hit the mattress, his arms wrapped around you, pulling you on top of him.

"Don't wanna wake up without ya." he mumbled into your hair.

You giggled, placing a soft kiss to his knuckles, "I promise I'll wake you next time, okay?"

He just hummed, eyes falling closed as he nuzzled into you. This soft side of him was so new, and so raw, you weren't really sure how to react to it.

"I'm so sorry..." he started, but you hushed him.

"I don't wanna think about it anymore, Simon. Can't move forward if we're constantly addressing the past."

"But I don't deserve you. Said some right shitty things to ya the last couple months-"

You huffed, sitting up.

Using what strength you had, you pulled him upwards, so the two of you were sitting cross-legged, facing each other. 

"Okay. Let's talk about it."

He looked at you, completely baffled. He wanted to shrink and hide by the way you'd gotten up, scrambling so quickly out of his grasp. He was prepared for the yelling, the spiteful comments...but none of it came.

You were looking at him the same way you always did.

Showing him he was safe.

Waiting for him to start.

Patient.

"Y-you...wanna talk about it?" he asked, eyebrow raised.

"Of course I do. It's bothering you, so let's talk about it and we'll decide how to move forward together." you smiled softly.

He blinked.

Complete bewilderment struck his features.

What the hell was this? 

Simon's throat was dry. He didn't know what to say now, not when he knew how wholeheartedly you were listening. This had never happened; never. Simon Riley loved his mother, he truly did. She was the only light in his life when his shitbag of a father was around, but even she neglected his needs. 

And here you were, ready and willing to tend to every single one.

"I- I...I don't know what to say now."