PART OF THE FAMILY

Summary: Back in London, you and the rest of the 141 are taking refuge in the Price family home. It's been five years since you'd been back, and you wanted nothing more than to introduce Ghost to your parents.

The 141 had been on the run from General Shepherd since November, hiding away in a private hotel safehouse in the middle of Amsterdam since.

You'd all been feeling the mental toll of being stuck in the same place, and that's why, after much begging and pleading, Laswell had agreed to a move.

So now, you were in London.

For the first time in five years, you were finally home, finally back in your childhood bedroom.

John hadn't changed a single thing since you'd left for Special Ops. Everything was untouched, unmoved. The Price Residence was as it always had been, and the sense of familiarity it provided you gave you an unmeasurable amount of comfort and peace.

After everything, you were home.

You'd be lying if you said you didn't grow up in some kind of luxury. Your parents were CEOs of a fortune-500 company in the capital city of England. Of course, you grew up in luxury.

A large house in a gated community; Five bedrooms, two offices, a living room, double kitchen...all for the four of you.

A large house that was incredibly lonely after you lost them.

But now, it was bustling again. It was full of life and love once more.

Soap had taken your parents old room, after much reassurance from you that it was okay. Alex had returned to Urzikstan with Farah, both of them keeping in touch regularly. Gaz took the spare room, and John had his room back too.

That left your room to you and the lieutenant.

Not that you hadn't shared a room before – because you had, you'd not left each other's side since everything happened – but something about having him in your childhood room made you nervous...shy.

It made you feel giddy, like a teenager bringing their first boyfriend home.

The only thing you wanted to do was run to your mother, giggle with her as you gushed about him.

But you couldn't do that.

You'd never been able to do that.

Ghost had left you in bed that morning, wanting to go for a long run to release his frustrations. It was still early, so you weren't surprised when you wondered downstairs and only John was there to greet you.

"Mornin', little bug." He said as he turned to you, handing you a cup of freshly brewed tea.

You hummed as you inhaled its scent, sipping slowly as you leaned on the counter next to him, the heat from his body warming you slightly.

"Y'alright?" He asked, nudging you.

"O'course," You smiled, "Are you?"

He eyed you curiously, his moustache rustling as he frowned, "Are ya sure?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" You replied, now matching his expression, "I'm back home, finally. It's been too long."

"I know, but...you always find this day harder than most."

This day?

Your brows furrowed, what was today?

It took you a few moments of staring at John, your mind whirring as the cogs turned, until it clicked, and your head whipped to the small television, the date displayed on the news.