Chapter 10

Jack stayed quiet the entire drive. She was trying to get the images out of her head. The drive went by fast and soon, Gibbs was pulling up to a nice restaurant. Jack looks up at the building in front of her. Bella's the sign read. She smiles and looks over at Gibbs.
This restaurant was one of Jack's favorites. It was a nice restaurant and the seating was private so you could have your own little getaway. She liked the way the inside was a little rustic because it just added to beauty. Besides from the way it looked, the food was amazing.
Dinner was wonderful and it was so nice to have a break from work. They hadn't done this in a hot minute because of how busy they were. They just talked and talked and talked. They liked having each other around.
Gibbs takes a deep breath and gently takes Jack's hand. She looks up at him and smiles - she couldn't ever hold back from smiling when she looked at him, he was so damn precious. "The first time I ever saw you, I fell in love with you. Just the way your attitude was and how you carried yourself,"
"I never knew how beautiful anyone could be until I saw you. And you were right, I do like you. More than like. I love you, Jack and I don't ever wanna see you struggle. I want us to go through life together and I want to shield you from all of the pain of your past - in fact, I want to make you forget about all of that. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So,"
"Wait, stop," Jack says and Gibbs frowns. She stands up and walks over to his side of the table. She gets down on one knee and pulls out the ring box. Opening it, she says, "Leroy Jethro Gibbs, will you marry me?" Gibbs smiles and shakes his head. "Wow. Just wow, Jack. Yes, I'll marry you," he says and Jack stands up. She slides the ring on her fiancé's finger. Gibbs takes out the ring he bought and slipped it on Jack's finger.
They look at the rings and realize that without knowing it, they had picked rings that were a part of a set. Jack looks at Gibbs and smiles. "I can't believe you did that, Jack. That's supposed to be my thunder," he says.
"Well, looks like it's my thunder, now," she says. "Yeah, because you stole it," he says and they both chuckle. Gibbs leans in and kisses Jack. The kiss symbolized their love. Their love was exponential. They were each other's soulmates, no doubt about it.