Chapter 14

Jack starts gasping for air as she opens her eyes. "Hey, hey. You're alright, just breathe," Gibbs says, putting a hand on her back. Once Jack catches her breath, she looks up at Gibbs. "So, what are we gonna do?" she asks. "I don't know. We can't just sit here like sitting ducks but no one has their guns," Gibbs replies.
"Oh my gosh, babe, so you know that one drawer in our bedroom that I tell you not to go in unless it's an emergency?" she asks. "Yeah?" he answers, confused. "There are at least ten guns in there," she says. "What? You're kidding, right?" he asks. "Nope, not at all," she says.
"I'll go get them," Jack says. "I'm coming with you," he tells her. "Jethro-," He cuts her off. "No, Jack. I'm coming with you, everywhere. I'm not about to have him hurt you again, okay?" Gibbs says.
"Fine," Jack says. They both crawl back to the team. "We have some extra guns in the bedroom so we are gonna go get them. Here's my gun," she tells everyone and hands Nick her gun.
Jack and Gibbs crawl into the hallway and slowly into the kitchen. They both stop as they hear three gunshots. They glance at each other and sigh in relief. The crawling starts again and soon, the couple are in their bedroom. Gibbs stands up and so does Jack. Gibbs walks over to the dresser and Jack walks to the closet.
Jack quickly changes clothes, as she can't do anything in a dress. "Hey, while you're in there Jack, get me a bag to put all of this in. And damn this is a lot, where'd you get all of this, anyway?" Gibbs says. "Oh, just something I've always felt I've needed," Jack says as she walks out. She hands her fiancé the bag. They unload the drawer and start crawling back to the rest of the team.
Once they get back, they hand everyone a gun and an extra one. "So, how are we going to do this?" Ellie asks. "Well, they're on their way in. Just shoot them. Ellie and Nick, over to the left of the room. Vance and Ducky, over to the right of the room. Kasie and Jimmy, over to the middle of the room. And Jack and I will be in the back of the room," Gibbs says.
A few minutes later, the door opens and the men walk in. Gunshots ring through the house and just as fast as they came, they stop. Gibbs looks around. "Is everyone okay?" he asks. "Yes," they all say but when Gibbs looks next to him, Jack is hit.