Chapter 13

A gunshot rings through the house. Everyone crouches down. Jack looks around and thankfully, no one is shot. Another gunshot rings through the house. Gibbs crawls over to the window and moves the curtain, slightly, peering out.
He crawls back over and looks at everyone. "Seven guys. They all have guns. I've got my gun. Do you guys have yours?" he asks. "I've got mine," Jack slips the gun out of her ankle holster. "None of the rest of us do... we didn't even think to grab them," Ellie says, looking at the rest of the team.
"Okay. You all stay down and I-," Gibbs is cut off by another gunshot and then a phone starts to ring. He crawls over to the couch and picks up his phone. "Hello?" he says, answering it. "Special Agent Gibbs, hello. It's been quite awhile," a voice says. Gibbs tries to remember the voice, it sounds familiar but he can't pin point whose it is.
"You probably don't remember me so maybe I should refresh your memory. Ten years ago, you arrested me for...what'd you call it? Assault? I think that's what you called it. The "assault" and "rape" of my girlfriend at the time....damn what was that bitch's name? Uhh...Jamie? No...Jackie? No...Jacqueline! That's it,"
Gibbs knew exactly who he was now. It was Jack's ex-boyfriend. He had raped and abused her and he had put him in prison for life. Gibbs guessed that he had broken out and he sighed. "What do you want?" he asks. "You ruined my life so now I'm going to ruin yours," he says and hangs up the phone.
Jack looks over at Gibbs. She could see the fear on his face but it was only for a second because, as always, it flashed back to his poker face. "Babe, what's going on?" Jack asks and crawls over to him. "The person that's here...he um. He's the man that raped you," Gibbs says and as soon as Jack processes what he had just said, he eyes go wide. "I thought he was in prison," she says.
"Me too but I guess he broke out," he says. The images of Jack's past start to flood her mind. Jack blindly reaches out for Gibbs's hand. As he realizes what's happening, Gibbs gently grabs her hand, squeezing it to comfort her.
He shoves her against the wall and slaps her. "You think you can talk to me that way, bitch?" he says. He drops her and starts kicking her side. She turns her body and kicks his ankle. He quickly holds onto the table behind him so he doesn't fall.
"Oh, you bitch. You're gonna die now," he says, bending down to her. He wraps his fingers around her neck and picks her up. He slams her against the wall and squeezes her neck more.