Chapter 12

Jack and Gibbs walked hand-in-hand up to their front door. They both were smiling. It was a long day of paperwork but they were finally home to enjoy their engagement party. Gibbs unlocks the front door and they walk inside. Jack walks upstairs with Gibbs following close behind.
She walks into her closet and goes through her dresses. He walks into his own closet and picks out a nice blue and white button-up. He walks over to Jack and shows her the outfit. "Hey, is this okay? I know you like for us to match at least a little," he asks. "Yeah, it's nice. Is that new? I've never seen you wear it," she comments. "No, I've had it for a while but I don't wear it too often," he says, walking out of the closet and into the bathroom to change clothes.
Jack decides on a blue, knee-length dress that she thought looked very nice on her. She grabs a set of matching heels and walks out of her closet. Then, she too, goes into the bathroom to change clothes.
Several minutes later, Gibbs is in the kitchen cooking the steaks and Jack is going through the Christmas tree decorations on the couch. She is sorting through all of the lights, ornaments, and tinsel. There is a knock on the door and Jack gets up to answer it. She opens the door, revealing Ellie and Nick. "Hey," she says as she moves out of the way for her colleagues and friends to walk in.
"Hey, Jack. You look very nice," Ellie comments. "Thanks, you too," Jack replies. They all sit down on the couch and look at the decorations. "You still haven't put these up?" Nick asks. "No, we haven't had any time. Now you guys get to help us," she says.
"It looks like you've got everything sorted out," Ellie comments. "Yes, I do. So, let's put them all on the tree," Jack says and stands up. "Wait," Ellie says. "What?" Jack asks. "We need some music," she says and they chuckle. "Of course," Jack says and reaches for her phone.
She starts a Christmas music playlist with all of the classics, just as the door rings. She stands up, walks over to the door and answers it. The door reveals Vance, Kasey, Jimmy and Ducky, all standing together, smiling. "Hey, guys," Jack says and moves out of the way so they can walk in. Once the four walk in, she shuts the door and they walk over to the couch. "We were just about to start decorating the tree," Jack says, smiling. "Oh, that's fun," Ducky says as he and the other three take off their coats and gather around the table. They all start hanging ornaments, laughing, singing and dancing to the music.
Twenty minutes later, the group is still putting the ornaments on the tree and they're having fun with it. They're having such a good time and they're in the zone. Jack dances around the living room with Ellie. Kasey and Jimmy are singing on the top of their lungs and Vance and Ducky are just laughing.
All I Want For Christmas is You comes on and Jack runs over to the kitchen and grabs Gibbs. "Seriously?" he asks. "Yes, because all I want for Christmas is you," she replies. Jack starts singing on the top of her lungs and pointing to Gibbs. Everyone's laughing at this point until a familiar sound comes through the house. A gunshot.