Chapter 7

HARRY STYLES

I had started to get accustomed to waking up in my bed alone more regularly in the last couple of weeks that I've been with Camden, and I was mostly fine with it. I'll admit I didn't love getting fully dressed to drive back home first thing after we were finished, and I'd miss having the occasional morning sex when I felt like having it, but I wasn't about to start throwing out complaints either.

I should consider myself lucky that she even agreed to this whole thing when it could have gone one of two ways, but in the end, I got exactly what I wanted.

When she said it was a perfect situation for her, I wanted to tell her that she was my dream girl without freaking her out or turning her off. For a woman who looked like that to agree to consistent sex with no strings? Are you fucking kidding? I'm not sure if it could get better than that.

I sat up with my sheets and duvet in my lap, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes before reaching for my phone on the nightstand. Most surprisingly, Jamie texted me eighteen minutes ago asking about a pair of earrings she thought she might have left on my secondary nightstand. I noticed them for the first time as I looked over there now, but before I could even respond she sent me another message to let me know she was on her way.

In the short time I had to wait for her, I lazily brushed my teeth and threw on a pair of sweats over my boxers. I swept the earrings off my nightstand and into my palm to take with me to the kitchen, using one hand to get the coffee started for myself.

She rang the bell twice, and I looked to the ceiling in premature exhaustion before heading down the hall to get the door open for her. The girl clearly dressed to impress me with a little floral mini dress and high heels to elongate her legs. Her breasts were pushed up and her hair was pulled back out of her face to make sure I noticed that detail.

"How's it going?" I asked.

"Fine," she pushed past me to come inside. "Where are my earrings?"

I smiled tightly at the spot she was previously standing in before I closed the door and turned to her. "Here."

She hesitated before holding her hand out under my closed fist for me to drop the studs in her palm, and then just stood there and inspected them like they might be damaged or something. Meanwhile, I was trying to figure out whether or not dealing with her attitude was worth one last round with her.

"You want some coffee or something? Or are you headed somewhere?"

She laughed and crossed her arms under her bust. "Why, so you can just get me in your bed again?"

I blinked at her, ultimately nodding my head. Lying about my intentions wasn't really my thing. "Yes."

It was subtle, but I did notice the way her lips threatened to twitch up into a smile. "I'll have the coffee, but I'm not sleeping with you."

Lie.

"Alright, that's fine," I gestured for her to head into the kitchen, suppressing a laugh at the way she swiveled her hips as she walked to the table. "So what have you been up to?"

"Working," she answered flatly.

I nodded and poured two mugs, adding cream and sugar for her. "That's nice."

She didn't ask me the question in return, so I sat silently at the table with her and wrapped my hands around the warm mug. I watched her as she looked down at her coffee and blinked like she was deep in thought.

I felt sorry for her then, knowing that she was going to have to compromise her morals if she really was going to give in to me, but I wouldn't pressure her in any way. If she wanted it, she was going to have to ask for it.