Chapter 60

CAMDEN KENT

When Harry gave me the option to choose between Paris and Rome for our holiday destination, I chose Rome for selfish reasons. I wanted to see what it was like before I even considered saying yes to Theo's proposal. He texted me the day before we left to confirm the details, which aligned with what Aiden had told me. If I should accept, he would like me in Rome by next month.

I told him I would need a week to consider it if that was alright, and he agreed. I didn't want to bring it up to Harry before the trip in case he wasn't happy with the suggestion, which of course would start a fight, and I also wanted to make sure that I could see myself living in Italy. The answer to that was shortly – maybe.

Yes, Rome was beautiful like something out of a dream, the people were kind and welcoming, the sun was warm and the food was to die for. But even so, I found myself wanting to go home. I wanted to be back at the house that I fell in love with Harry in, and I wanted to see the giant red busses in the city, and I wanted to see Gemma, and Anne, and to know that Molly and Lucy were just a fifteen to twenty minute drive away.

But...I wanted the job, too. I wanted to see if I could do something so great, the way Harry has with his career and the way all our friends have with theirs. Being Darcy's mom was my greatest joy, but I don't know. I felt like I still had something to prove to myself.

I thought about bringing up the whole situation to Lucy and Molly as we spent our afternoon out shopping, but I was afraid of what their advice might be. If they told me to go for it, I might feel like I have to. If they told me not to, I might just take it at face value and have to wonder what could have been. Harry's was the only opinion that mattered.

"Camden, you should try this one on," Molly held up a white, long sleeve silk dress with a low-cut neckline. "H would love you in it."

"H would love her in a trash bag," Lucy reminded us with her arms full of her clothes to try on.

I laughed as I accepted the white dress on the hanger. "It's really pretty. Maybe I'll try it."

The only other one I found to try on was a simple black strapless dress. Molly stayed outside the fitting rooms while Lucy and I started to change. I showed Molly the black one first, and Lucy popped her head out of her room to see it for herself.

"How the fuck did you just have a baby?" Lucy scoffed.

"I mean, it's been seven months," I checked over my shoulder to see the dress from behind in the mirror. "Yes or no?"

"Mm," Molly narrowed her eyes. "You look amazing, but it's a bit basic. Let's see the white."

I shut the door and pulled at the side zipper to step out of the black dress, carefully removing the white from the hanger. I stepped right into it and fit the sleeves over my arms, and I already liked it better for the purpose of going to dinner. It was a bit shorter, but it didn't seem that noticeable with the way the fabric flowed rather than clung to my body.

"Yes," Molly said on sight. "One hundred percent, yes."

"Let me see!" Lucy opened her door in just her bra and a pair of shorts to inspect the dress for herself, and her jaw dropped. I took that to be a good thing.

"I swear to God, every time I think you can't get sexier, you do."

I rolled my eyes but kept my smile as I checked the dress out from all angles. "So it's a win?"

"Definitely a win," Molly confirmed as I closed the door to change back into my bodysuit and denim shorts.

Seeing as it was our last night in Rome, Harry was very adamant that we go out together for dinner, just the two of us. It would also be the first time we ever both went in public without Darcy and for that I was nervous. I had a few packets of breastmilk ready to be thawed out and poured into her baby bottle, but I felt guilty to leave her as well as putting the burden on our friends.