Chapter III: Wild Leg

Hope sat Kayley down onto the bed, while Josie did the same, laying Andrea down. The small infant looked around, moving her little legs stretching them, as well as her arms.

"You think you can take care of them for the moment. I have final exams in the next couple of classes." Josie said, smiling as she looked at her girls. Kayley however, quickly showed signs of unrest.

"Mommy, don't go again!" She whimpered.

Josie was at a lost to respond to the tearful request. It threw Hope off a bit as well, but she quickly took an admonishing tone. "Hey, listen, Kayley... mommy's just going out for a while, all right?" she said with a soft smile, kneeling down on the side of the bed to meet eye level.

"Going out?" she asked timidly.

"Right. Yeah. She'll come back, okay?

"...Really?" Kayley sniffled her running nose. Hope took the hem of her shirt bringing it up just a bit to wipe the drips of her snot off. Kayleys pleading gaze made Josie hesitate. Hope, watching, attempted to telepathically communicate Lying or not, just SAY it! to her.

"R-really. I'll be back soon, all right?" Josie smiled reaching her hand to brush Kayleys hair back a bit.

"Okee. I'll wait." she said happily wiping her tears away.

The sight of Kayley meekly nodding at Josie's words was like a stake through the hearts of both the new parents.

Hope got up and nodded to the direction of the door leading the way. Once there, Hope placed her hand on the knob. Taking one more quick glance she saw Kayley laying down next to her little sister, rubbing her tummy.

"You'll be back right?" Hope asked. "I can't do this without you. I don't know the first thing about taking care of a child much less 2"

"And you think I do?" Josie whispered.

"More than me. You help with the kindergarten class with Emma. Look" Hope took a deep breath. "We can figure this out together, but I really, really need you."

"I'll be back promise, but I really do have to go." Josie gave a tight lip smile. Instinctively Josie walked straight towards the girls placing a single kiss on both their foreheads, before giving Hope one last reassuring look. Then walked out.

She didn't even get a chance to walk a few feet before almost running into someone.

"Oh I-im so--"

"Why were you in Mikaelson's room?" the voice, loud and clear was unmistakable and for a second Josie regretted leaving the room.

"I had to talk to her about some important things" Josie said.

"About?" Finch raised a brow crossing her arms over her chest waiting for an answer.

"It's personal" Josie stood her ground, not getting intimidated by her girlfriend. She moved to get past her, but Finch grabbed josies arm with a tight hold.

"I think as your girlfriend I have a right to know whatever is going on. You don't keep secrets from me" Finch said, voice raised. "Much less if Mikaelson's involved"

"I do when it doesn't involve you. It's something between Hope and I." Josie said removing her arm from finch. "But I am glad I ran into you"

"Oh and why is that" Finch now gave a smirk taking a step forwards. Josie took a step back putting her hand in front of finch to prevent her from taking another step.

"I think we should--"

The young girl was cut off by the sound of Finch's phone going off. Finch stuck her finger up telling Josie to give her a minute, before pulling out her phone. Her eyes narrowed then looked up at Josie. "The wolves need help with the booze and weed for the party tonight. I have to go" she smiled.