24 - 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎

✨🌧💐🍎💐🌳✨

"So Adeline is safe?" Asked Rosalie.

"For now, but she's still in danger," Answered Edward.

"How? She wasn't noticed," Jasper said, concern for Adeline's safety overwhelming him.

"The woman noticed something sweeter in the air," Edward argued

"Yes, but-" Rosalie was about to say before Carlisle cut her off.

"We need to get the girls out of here."

Edward acted quickly, he and Bella ran to the truck. Adeline looked at Jasper's fear evident in her eyes and facial expression. He jerked his head slightly in the direction of the Jeep. Adeline nodded and shut her eyes. He quickly scooped her up and ran with her to the Jeep. A solitary tear rolled halfway down her cheek before the wind wiped it away.

Jasper set Adeline gently in the Jeep, while Edward was waiting impatiently to get Bella out of the clearing. Jasper slammed the car door shut before he slid in next to Adeline and held her for a moment while she tried to gather her thoughts and emotions.

Edward backed out and spun the car around so they could exit the clearing.

"So what now on one is coming after me?" Bella asked, slightly angry, "Where are you taking me?"

Edward didn't answer, but his speed increased. Quickly they were driving out of Forks. Adeline picked up on this.

"Edward! Why are we driving out of Forks?" Adeline asked.

"You have to take us home. If I'm missing, Charlie will call the FBI. They'll be all over your family," the stressed Swan girl said.

"That's not anything new," Edward said.

"You're not doing that because of me! "

"Bella, I'll do anything to keep you safe again"

"Edward," Jasper said, trying to reason with him.

"Jasper, James is a tracker! The hunt is his obsession."

"Edward, pull over," Jasper whispered in a stern voice that rarely came out. Edward followed his order and pulled over to the side of the road.

"We have to leave now," Edward snarled.

"I can't leave Charlie. He could get killed because of us," Bella said.

"It doesn't matter."

"Edward Mason Cullen. I demand that you listen to me and my plan," Bella said in a voice no one knew could come from her. It was terrifying, and it demanded authority. Edward shut himself up quickly and listened to his girlfriend. "I will tell Charlie that I want to go home to Phoenix. I pack my bags and we wait until the tracker is watching. Then you can take me to any goddamn place you want." Adeline clapped for her.

"That's a really good plan Bella, and good job of shutting up Eddie boy," she said. "Now the thing is, I'm a part of this too. As much as I don't want to be. My cover story will be: I have an extended sleepover at ya'll's house for spring break. That way, my parents aren't suspicious for a while, and that way I can still go with you guys."

"We'll take Bella to her house first. You guys can take her truck. Then I'll take Adeline to get some clothes," Jasper stated.

✨🌧💐🍎💐🌳✨

Everyone got out of the car and went to their respective spots. Adeline got in the passenger seat while Bella slammed the door in Edward's face, screaming, "Get out, Edward, it's over!"