Chapter 23 Coincidence

Happy new year everyone!

The Next day. . .

Max's POV. . .

I was lying down on a sofa and I got up and found myself in a room, the same room I was given as a guest. I groaned as I get up, anyway what's that smell? I put on my outfit, I went outside but not without my sword. ( you're sword is inside your inventory. just to make things clear you cannot level up or see your status but you can ONLY access your inventory.)

it smelled

it smelled. . .like smoke. 

I went towards the smoke I saw and I ended up in the forest. I ended up in a lake instead. 

Max: hmm. I could've-

???: who dare's trespass This forest! 

you saw a beautiful nymph with an angry expression 

???: state your business here human!!

Max: I mean no harm. 

???: then what are you doing here? in our treasured lake? 

you'd be guessing that she is a naiad nymph. 

Max: I just saw some smoke here so I thought there was fire. 

???: that was us building a bonfire. 

Max: oh ok, I should leave. . .

something tells me they are not telling the whole truth.

I was scared, sure I'm strong but sensei used to say to respect women and treat them with kindness but this one gives off a different vibe. 

A/N: run while you can Max. if you want to live. 

Max's mind: was that a message from the FUTURE.

???: may I ask for your name. 

Max: oh it's Dante. 

???: ok Dante you may leave. 

you went back to the house and found Leto waiting for you

Leto: where were you? 

Max: at the Beach.

Leto: seriously? come up with a better excuse next time.

??? POV 

interesting, he wasn't making moves on me. better keep an eye on him. 

???: Maya. there you are. 

Maya: what are you doing here Kayla? 

Kayla: remember that Man that kept on bragging on how he can walk through fire. 

Maya: yeah, did you finally make him walk through it. 

Kayla: yeah and he ran away scared, talk about 'walking through fire'.

Maya: now we should go. 

Kayla: what do you think Silvia has cooked this time? 

Maya: I don't know, by the way did we have any foreigners coming here? 

Kayla: no, we should have been informed already. why?

Maya: nothing. 

Maya's mind: I will find out who you are Dante. 

Max's POV

ok I've seen this in movies, just act natural. 

Max: at the beach. 

Leto: the beach is far off, we are in the forest. now tell me, WHERE.WERE.YOU.

Max: ok I was at a lake. 

Leto: what were you even doing there? spying on the nymphs? 

Max: what no. I saw smoke so I thought there was fire, there was no one there except one. she told me to leave. 

Leto: good, it was a wise decision. if you hadn't left who knows, no one will find your body. 

Max: let's go on with the plan. . . 

Leto: we need to eat first, Kendra isn't here yet. 

Max: who's Kendra? 

Leto: the cook. For now I'll cook. 

Later in the kitchen. . .

Max knocked on the doors, heck it took you 1 minute to find her since it's a mansion they are living in. 

Max: Asteria, wake up. it's time for breakfast. 

Asteria: *yawn* yeah I'm up.

Max: *sniff* *sniff* what's that smell? wait a minute, it's coming from the kitchen!? 

you ran towards the kitchen and saw Leto holding the pan and the food on the pan was literally burning, Leto was literally panicking. 

You took the pan from her grasp and splashed water on it.

Max: you are not going to cook. I'll be cooking instead. 

Asteria arrived at the kitchen and looked at her sister with a deadpan look and also to you. 

Asteria: wouldn't that be worse. 

Max: tsk tsk tsk, you mustn't judge me Asteria. I am a boy but that doesn't mean boys can't cook. 

Leto: we've never heard about a man cooking. 

Leto finally was out of her disappointed thoughts. 

Max: Well your about to eat a mans cooking. trust me. 

they watched as you exquisitely cut the vegetables  and some ingredients you made.

10 minutes later

Max: I'm done, it's called ramen with eggs. 

They picked up the spoon and hesitantly they ate it. their eyes widened with sparkles in their eye indicating that they were shocked and were delightful with the food you served.

 Leto: this is delicious!

Asteria: who would've known you were good at this! you should have been famous by now. 

Max: it's just a hobby. (no offense to the readers who have ambition to be a cook) 

After they ate. . . 

Leto: so what about the plan? 

Max: I was thinking how about we trick him. 

Leto: trick him? how? 

Max: you're a goddess Leto remember that. I'm gonna need your help later on. 

The plan is: I use some explosives, they aren't harmful. to scare the murderer away, then there will be a hole waiting for him you take care of him. as for your ex-best friend, should I leave it to me or  to you?

Leto: I like it. and after it, you leave. 

Max: yes I will.

little did you guys know someone was listening to the conversation. 

who could it be?