Chapter 30 Sword technique

Max was there being stared at by many suitors and most glaring. they wondered how a human like you managed to capture the attention of the former queen Amphitrite. Amphitrite saw how many glared at you and glared back at them, making them stop.

Max: Um, Ms-

Amphitrite: call me Amphitrite Max.

Max flinched, how did she know your name? you never met her before, maybe she was mistaken you for someone else?

she looked at you weirdly. like, really weird.

you look at her questionably. guess the hit on your head has taken a toll on you. her eyes was gleaming of pure joy and happiness, she kept her composure because she's in public.

random suitor: good morning my lady, would you like to have a dance with me.

Amphitrite looked at the suitor with kind eyes and accepted it, even though deep down she dislikes being away from you. she hates it when other women try to take you away, she wanted you to hug her and tell her you missed her, kiss her goodnight and good morning. she wanted you to cuddle with her every time she comes back from a trip.

as Amphitrite was dancing, you noticed Fei was staring at you almost like inspecting your appearance and whatnot. you felt like someone was glaring at you from afar but you just shook it off.

somewhere

???: master, he's still weak and vulnerable. we should strike-

???: enough. we know we can defeat him but what's the fun in that?

???: are you really taking this serious master!? if this goes on, he'll get stronger every time he time travels.

???: tsk tsk tsk, you really don't understand do you. the stronger becomes the sweeter the meal gets.

back to you. . .

you felt a finger poked at your back, you turned around to see a little mermaid. she was fidgeting her aqua hands. ( I don't what to call their hands.)

Little girl: can you please get that for me mister.

if you were just anyone they would just take advantage of her. she pointed at the shells.

Max: where are your parents little girl?

Little girl: they are wasted, I just want my shells.

you gave the little girl the shells and she walked away happily.

crab: ah Max there you are. I must introduce you Lady Fei- oh I mean Queen Fei.

Max: huh? why exactly?

crab: *whisper* her new potential suitor of course.

Max: what was that?

crab: nothing, just come with me.

Anya: Max I picked up something unusual. mind checking it out.

Max: okay, is it a mission?

Anya: you can say that, I mean there is re-

Max was gone in a flash, 👁👄👁. rewards have their advantages too in the future y'know.

System: quest has been assigned to Max Lopez. kill the remaining monsters hidden in plain sight.

Reward: ???

Penalty in failure to do so: DEATH

Max's mind: it's been a while since I've been given a mission.

Anya: hurry now before they notice.

Max's mind: I just escaped and got dragged here, what could be more worse.