Chapter 28: I think I misheard it. can you tell me again?

Sorry for the late chapter, I was literally too lazy and just played games and I almost forgot about Wattpad. but guess who got the complete series of Huntress Mobster for Rent by huntress2021 

Aria: are you married?

What was the question again? I might have misheard it. 

Max: what? 

Aria: n-no, please forget what I said. 

Aria looked away flustered, while you were 'confused'. you both reached 'home' and were greeted with Leto cooking again. 

You and Aria quickly held her away from the kitchen.

Leto: what? why?

Aria and Max just gave her a NO sign. 

Aria and Max: NEVER COOK AGAIN. 

Max: well once I teach and supervise you, maybe. 

Aria looked dumbfounded as Leto was celebrating as to learn from an experienced cook. 

Max: now I'll go cook, and you just. . .do whatever you do best?

Anya: sounds like a question to me. 

Max's mind: seriously Anya? don't you have better things to do. 

Anya: I can hear your thoughts, isn't that obvi. 

Max's mind: ok what happened to you.

Anya: watched some of your memories, and damn most of them were tragic and depressing. can't believe a boy like you only had 1 girl-

Max's mind: please don't. 

Anya: fine, just so you know I'm loving the series: The way you make me feel. 

Max's mind: WAIT THAT'S NOT-

and she's gone, seriously she's like a ghost or something. 

after you ate Phoebe arrived with some vegetables, and you all went to sleep. but the fact that you feel as if someone was watching you. 

The next day. . .

Third person's POV

Max was getting ready for the day and before that he finished the 'project' he built. 

Max's mind: I'm sure this will make them happy, but first escape plan. 

since both Asteria and Leto won't let him go, he'll have to seek refuge in a neighboring island, hopefully they don't have connections there.

you went down, and before you knew it there was food on the table. DECENT food, but it was Aria this time. 

Max: you didn't tell me you could cook.

Aria: a woman has her flaws as they say Max. 

she swayed her hips seductively and left, weird did I do something wrong? he thought. 

then Leto came and ate. 

Leto: good morning Max, I'm going to meet with the nymphs. want to come with me?

Max: no I-

Leto: pls.

she's giving him PUPPY EYES, shit my weakness.

Max: f-fine, but only this time. 

Leto squeals and headed back up.

Max's mind: how can a Goddess act like a naive girl. 

as you were eating, you swear someone was looking at you behind the window. 

Max's mind: activate radar. 

System: *ting* there is 1 target  the outside the house. 

Later. . .

The person watching you is now behind you at the market, you went to an alley and he/she quickly hid behind a box when you looked back. and when he/she came back out, you were gone. but you just appeared behind him/her and hand-cut his/her neck. 

once you made him/her faint you dragged him/her back but not in the mansion nor the forest, but somewhere isolated. 

??? POV

I opened my eyes and I was blindfolded, 

???: How can this happen!? I made sure I was off-sight.

???: who are you? why do you keep on watching me?

???: The information is confidential. besides why would I share it with you. 

???: playing hard to get, huh. let's see, 

name: Nikias Santhos 

Age: 35 

Job: part-time worker/ assassin 

Family: 

Aisha Santhos-only daughter

Ander Santhos-only son

Revera risarte-wife

Nikias: OK OK STOP! I'LL TALK.

???: So who sent you?

Nikias: A-Alexander Devon.

???: hmm, royalty?

Nikias: yes. 

???: What was his reason?

Nikias: he never told me why, all he did was hire me to spy on you and give him information once a week. 

???: *sigh* guess someone saw me with them. I'll let you go on one condition. 

Nikias: what is it? 

???: NEVER TELL ANYONE EVEN YOUR CONTRACTOR ABOUT THIS OR ELSE I WILL HUNT YOU.

Nikias nodded as fast, and he was set free not without a tracker. 

Anya: I never saw this side of you Max. 

Max: isn't it obvious?

Anya: well, you act like a funny, kind and heartwarming person to be with. but learning your dark side. . .I don't even want to know. 

Max: every person has their own origin Anya. 

Anya was left questioning herself, "what kind of origin did you have?"

Max: I don't even know myself, but I know that being in this timeline will solve it. I just have a feeling y'know.

Anya: if you say so Max. 

you went back and found Leto waiting for him. 

Max's POV 

Leto: where were you? 

Max: just went out to the market. 

Leto: then are you dressed?

Max: umm yes. 

Leto: ok let's go. 

Leto grabbed Max's hand and gripped it and left.

Max's mind: goddamn, this woman is strong. I wonder just how many woman feel like they are rocks.

Anya: EXCUSE ME!? I AM ALSO A WOMAN MYSELF BUT IF YOU OFFEND US WOMEN I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL WHOOP YOUR ASS!?

Max's mind: Woah is that a wild Anya, Go pokeball!

Anya: oh shut up, and if I ever hear you insult us women I won't answer you for the rest of the years. 

Max's mind: surely you are jes-

Anya: do I sound like I'm jesting.

Max's mind: yes ma'am, since when did you get so demanding. 

Anya: I just don't show it often. 

Max's mind: Women are different sometimes.