pt. 17

max's pov:

i looked over at el, and she looked really anxious. "el? you alright?" i asked her. she nodded, but i didn't belive her. "can i talk to you for a second el?" i asked her. she gave me a confused look, but then nodded again, and stood up. "where you guys going?" mike asked. "uhm, to the bathroom." i told mike as me and el walked towards the bathroom.

"el please tell me what's wrong." i say as i shut and lock the bathroom door. "it's nothing.." el said in an unconvincing tone. i sighed and then spoke again. "please el, you can trust me." i say as i gently grab her hand. she looked away from me, trying to avoid eye contact. "uhm- i-.." el stuttered. "i'm sorry i- uh-" el continued to stutter. "it's okay, take your time." i softly told her. she took a deep breath and then spoke. "uh- did... did the kiss mean anything?" el asked quietly as she stared at the ground. "oh uhm.. did it mean anything to you?" i asked her trying to avoid the quetion. el nodded silently and then spoke. "do you still like me..?" she asked quietly. i took a deep breath and then answered her. "uh.. yeah i do.. im sor-"

el cut me off by once again slamming her lips into mine. as i kissed her back my heart started to beat really fast once again, and butterflies filled my stomach as i felt her place her hands on my waist. i felt her smile against the kiss, and i slighty pulled away. "wow..." i said softly as i gazed into her soft brown eyes. "yeah.. wow..," el softly replied as she stared into my ocean blue eyes. "max..?" el asked quietly. "yeah?" i asked her still feeling very shocked about what just happened. "i think.." she stuttered again.

"i like you too."

i stared at her with wide eyes, and became speechless. "w-wh- you do!?" i asked her as a small grin spread across my face. my heart was also racing really fast, and i was in complete shock. holy shit. el hopper had a crush on ME? holy shit...
i snapped back to reality as she slightly nodded as a small smile spreaded across her face. i didn't know what else to say, so i just wrapped my arms around her, and gave her a really tight hug. "max- i can't breathe." el said while slightly giggling. "i'm so sorry!" i immediately apologized as i let go of her. "it's okay.." she said as he cheeks turned red. once again she placed her hands in my hips, and pulled me in for another kiss. without hesitation i immediately kissed her back, as i could feel my face going red from blushing.

"GUYS I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!" dustin yelled as he tried to open the door. me and el both pulled away from the kiss, and stared at eachother not knowing what to do. "GUYSS!" dustin yelled again. el was about to open the door, but then she quickly fixed a peice of my hair, and then unlocked the door. "SORRY TOO MUCH LEMONADE." dustin told us as he pushed passed us into the bathroom. me and el quickly left the bathroom, and then the boys spoke. "what took you guys so long?" mike asked. "i've told you guys this a billon times," lucas said. "girls just like hanging out in bathrooms. trust me i have a sister." he continued. me and el quickly nodded and then sat back down on the couch beside mike.

i was about to speak, when el wispered something to me. "or just kissing in bathrooms." she said while slightly giggling. as she said that my face turned really red. i didn't know where el suddenly got the confidence to say something like that, but wherever it came from made me really flustered. "you good max?" lucas asked. "uh- erm yeah i'm fine." i stuttered as i looked at el who was holding back laughter. "sorry, you can start the movie again!" dustin says as he runs out of the bathroom and sits back down. "finally!" mike says as he turns the movie back on. me and el glance at eachother, and both of our faces turn red so we both immediately looked away.

~

"can we play dnd?" will suggests as the movie ends. "NO! anything but that!" i practically yell. "yeah i agree." el tells us. "okay, then what do we do then?" will asks. "we could maybe play truth or dare?" lucas suggested. "or we could just do something actually fun?" i suggested in a sarcastic tone. "okay then like what?" mike asks in an annoyed tone. "what about paper fortunes?" el suggested. "that actually sounds really fun!" i say. "no! that's for babies!" mike tells us. "no it's not! it's fun!" will adds. "sure, sounds fun." dustin says. "i don't really care." lucas says. "okay, well i'm gonna go get paper, scissors and pens!" dustin tells us as he stands up and goes to the supply closet mike has in his basment.

"how about we all make our own?" will suggests. "sure, sounds fun!" el says. dustin comes back and throws everything onto the ground. "dude what the hell!?" mike asked. "you could of set it all down gently y'know." mike continues. "i went to go get all of this stuff for you, and you complain about it?" dustin asks. mike rolls his eyes and grabs a peice of paper. i do the same and grab a peice of paper and pair of scissors, and start to make the fortune teller.

~

"are you done?" el asked as she peeked over my shoulder. "yeah i'm done, and look at all of these." i said while opening up the peices of paper and revealing what i put in all of them. el looked at them and started to giggle, and i did the same. "what's so funny?" mike asked. "nothing!" both me and el said at the same time.
mike rolled his eyes and then set down his fortune teller. "are you guys done?" will asked. "i'm done." lucas said. "same here." mike added. "me and el are done." i say. "okay, dustin are you done?" will asked. "yep, just need one more second.. and.... it's done!" dustin announced in an excited tone. "okay, should we all play with them?" el suggested. "yes and can we do mine first!?" i ask. everyone agrees, and i let el go first. "okay el, pick a colour." i tell her. el picks blue.

"okay... b-l-u-e" i spell out. "okay, pick a number out of, 3, 11, 5, and 2." i tell her. "11!" el says. "okay.." i say as i flip the fortune teller 11 times. once i'm done, i show el what it says inside. we both start to giggle as i struggle to read it because i was laughing so much. "okay el, tell mike he is ugly." i say before i burst into more laughter. "mike you're ugly." el says before she also bursts into more laughter. "max stop being such a bitch!" mike says in an annoyed tone. normally when mike calls me that, i would get mad at him, but i was way to busy laughing my head off with el.

"don't worry man, you can go next." lucas tells mike. mike gives me a death glare, and then goes. "el pick a colour." he tells el. "blue." el tells him. "alright,
b-l-u-e." he spells out. "now pick a number out of, 7, 8, 2, and 5." he tells el. "7." el tells him. he nods and flips it a few times before speaking. "by the way mine is names, and whatever name you have is your soulmate." mike says with a grin. el looks at me with a confused look, and then looks back at mike ready to hear the name he calls out. "and el, you're soulmate is... wait- what!?" mike says in a shocked tone. "what is it?" dustin asks him. lucas takes the fortune teller out of his hands, and reads the name. "max is your soulmate." lucas reads outloud. me and el look at eachother and both of our faces turn red as we smile. "what? but i put my name only-" mike says in a confused tone as he takes the fortune teller out of lucas hands.

"what do you mean YOUR name only?" el asks. "i put all mike as a joke- but somehow max's name is on here!?" mike asks in a slightly confused, but frustrated tone. "why would you put only your name!?" el asks in a slightly angry tone. "as a joke- i was gonna only let you do mine and-" "and when mike went to the bathroom i put max's name as a joke." lucas cuts mike off. "dude what the hell!?" mike asks. "man chill it was a prank! it's not her actual soulmate, it's just some dumb name on a peice of paper!" lucas tells mike. "wow, so i have a dumb name now?" i ask lucas in a sarcastic tone. "no- i-"

"guys stop fighting! let's just do another fortune teller or something." wills interrupts us by saying. "whatever." mike says in an annoyed tone.

i could feel that my cheeks were still really warm and red, and i glanced at el and saw her face was also still red. she realized i was staring at her, and then looked over at me. we just gazed into eachothers eyes for a bit, before i broke the eye contact to look down at her lips. the words 'max is your soulmate' kept repeating in my head.

i couldn't help but hope that was true. after all, i really did love this girl.