pt. 10

max's pov:

"hey el you're finnally he-" mike said as he turned around to face us. "oh," he said as his face dropped. "you brought max." he said in an annoyed tone. "uh yeah?" el replied. "do you have a problem with that?" i asked in a sarcastic tone. "uh- no." he replied while staring at el. "good, because if max can't stay, i'm not staying." el confidently told them. "max can stay." lucas said while smiling. "yeah, i don't mind either." will told us. "fine.." mike muttered.

"so what should we do? the rest of the people who we share a cabin with are not conning back here for a bit, so we can spend all day here." dustin told us. "that sounds fun!" el said. "alright, what should we do?" lucas asked. "what about would you rather?" mike suggested. "that sounds fun!" will said. "alright, let's play then." dustin said as he sat down on a bottom bunk of his bunk bed. lucas sat beside him, will and mike sat on the other bottom bunk of the other bunk bed across from the first bunk bed, and me and el sat down on the ground. "okay, who goes first?" el asked.

"i can," dustin said as he turned to lucas. "lucas, would you rather marry phoebe kates, or y'know who?" he asked with a smirk. i glanced at el, to see if she knew who the 'y'know who' person was, and she looked as confused as i felt. "uhhhh.." lucas stuttered as he glanced at ME. "y'know who." he said with a smile. dustin gasped and then spoke. "HER OVER PHEBE KATES?" he yelled. "dustin chill!" mike said in an annoyed tone.

"sorry." dustin apologized. lucas looked around, and his eyes landed on mike. "mike, would you rather do it now, or later?" he asked as his eyes shifted to underneath one of the bunk beds. once again i glanced at el, feeling really confused, and she also looked confused. it could of been just me, but i felt like the boys were all in on MANY secrets we weren't. "later!" mike said without hesitation. i glanced over at will again, and once again he looked sad.

"max it's your turn." lucas told me. "oh uh-" i stuttered as i looked around the room at everyone. "will, would you rather be a artist, or a baker?" i asked him. "artist!" he answered without any hesitation. i have a slight smile and thumbs up, and then it was el's turn. "max, would you rather live in hawkins, or california?" el asked me. "uhm.. i think california, i miss the beaches." i told them. el nodded, and then turned to mike, waiting for him to speak. "el, would you rather kiss me or..." he said as his eyes shifted around the room, and eventually landed on ME. "or max?" he asked with a confident smile. el glanced over at me, and her face turned bright red. "uh- um.." she stuttered as she looked away and began to fidget with her hands.

my heart felt like it was gonna be shattered into a million peices, as i knew who's name she was going to answer. she was obviously going to choose mike.      "c-can we play a different game?" el asked nervously. "why?? just say my name and we can continue to play." mike told her. "i wanna play something different." el said as she continued to fidget with her hands. "whatever." mike said as he rolled his eyes. "can we go eat? i'm starving plus it's like 5:30, their probably serving dinner by now." lucas said as his stomach rumbled from hunger. "yeah, i'm hungry aswell." dustin agreed as he stood up.

~

"i'm so stuffed." dustin said as we walked out of the mess hall. "same here." lucas agreed as he held his stomach. "yeah because you guys ate like all the food." will said. "well yeah!? the food was good today." lucas said. "ehh, it was fine." el told us. "yeah, nothing to be impressed by." i agreed. "do you guys wanna go back to our cabin?" mike suggested. i glanced over at el, and she once again looked anxious. "sure but can we not play would you rather anymore?" she asked. "yeah that's cool." lucas responded.

we started walking back to the boys cabin in silence, and then suddenly mike spoke. "el can i see you palm?" he asked as he reached for el's hand. "uhm why?" she asked. "just let me see." he said as he grabbed her hand and flipped it around. el looked really confused and uncomfortable as mike inspected her hand. "what is it-" "AHA!" mike yelled as his face lit up. "what is it mike?" she asked again. "the first letter of your soulmates name is supposed to be on your palm, and it's a M." he said with a confident smile. "oh uh cool.." el replied in an awkward tone.