pt. 26

max's pov:

"thank you for dinner! it was amazing!" i tell joyce as i hand her my bowl. "no problem max, i'm glad you enjoyed it!" she says as she puts the bowl in the sink. i feel somebody tap my shoulder, and i spin around to see el standing there holding the makeup. "max can we please still do eachothers makeup?" she asks with a hopeful smile. "yeah of course!" i tell her with a soft smile. "yes!! thank you so much! this is gonna be so fun let's go!" she says as she grabs my hand with her free hand, and runs out of the kitchen. "woah slow down its not a race to get to your bedroom!" i joke as we run up the stairs. we run into her bedroom, and she shuts the door before jumping onto her bed and pulling out all the different kinds of makeup.

"okay can i do your makeup first?" el asked with an excited smile. "and ruin this beautiful face? i don't think so." i answered in a sarcastic tone as i sat down beside her. "i'll do your makeup first." i continued as i grabbed some eye shadow out of the makeup bag. "are you saying i'm ugly?" el asked as she crossed her arms and attempted to look mad. my eyes widened at i realized what i had just said to her, and immediately felt mortified. "no no no no! el you are literally the most gorgeous person ever i didn't mean-"
"i'm kidding silly, i'm just joking." el said while slightly giggling. i closed my eyes and breathed a sigh of relief as she lightly laughed. i grabbed the brush for the eye shadow, and picked out a brown colour that would compliment her oak brown eyes.

"this should be pretty.." i said while biting my lip, something i've always done to concentrate. el shut her eyes, and i gently applied the brown eye shadow as i smile formed on her face. "i'm so excited to see!" she said while still smiling ear to ear. "i hope you like it." i tell her as i start to apply the eye shadow on her other eye. "i'm sure i'll love it." she told me. i stayed silent as i finished up her second eye. "open your eyes." i told her. she listened, and i stared at her just admiring her beauty. "is it good?" she asked me. "yeah.. you look really nice." i softly told her as he cheeks burned red. i looked over and next saw the mascara. she didn't really need it, but i really wanted el to have the full experience. i wanted her to feel as beautiful as i saw her.

"do you wanna try some mascara?" i asked her. she smiled and agreed. "okay, now i have no clue how to put this one so bare with me." i said as i grabbed the mascara and unscrewed the lid. "woah.." i muttered as i looked at the brush. "okay.. so i think your just supposed to do this.." i said as i once again bit my lip as i applied the mascara to el's eyes. surprising i was not too bad at applying the mascara, because it actually looked half decent. i finished the first eye, and started to work on the second eye. "are you almost done? i can't keep my eyes open for any longer." el conplained as she struggled to keep her eyes open. "and.. i'm done." i told her as a smile spread across my face. she let if a sigh of relief as she shut her eyes. i slightly giggled as i put the lid of the mascara back on, and out the mascara away. "okay, open your eyes." i told her so i could see how i did.

el nodded and opened her eyes as i looked back at her. as we made eye contact, i let out a small gasp. "what? what is it?" el asked in a confused and panicked voice. "nothing- it's just um.. you are really beautiful you know that?" i asked her as i got lost in her mocha brown eyes. she smiled and her face turned really red as she stumbled over her words. "thanks.." she muttered. i smiled slightly as i looked over to all the makeup and noticed something we missed. "lipstick! do you want some of that?" i asked her as i grabbed a few different shades of the lipstick. "yes! i want that one!" el told me as she pointed to a dark red. "perfect!" i said as i put the others back, and unscrewed the lid of the lipstick and gently applied it to her lips. "you are going to blow people away with this new look." i told her as i tried my best not to mess up. she stayed silent bevause she couldn't talk, but she spoke once i finished.

"you really think so?" she asked me. "i know so." i told her. she smiled, and then looked over at the lipstick. "can i put the lipstick on you now?" she asked me. i hesitated for a second, but then agreed. "fine but only this one time." i told her as i handed her the lipstick. she grinned, unscrewed the lid, but then her smile quickly faded. "what? what is it?" i asked her feeling worried. "there's no more lipstick left.." she told me in a sad tone. "oh hey that's okay, i have an idea i think we'll both like." i told her with a smirk. "what is it?" she asked me in a bummed out tone. i leaned in and pressed my lips against hers, as she quickly kissed me back. i had the idea of by us kissing, we're not only both happy because of couse we're kissing, but the lipstick on el's lips are going onto mine. i reluctantly pulled away from this kiss, and stared at el's stunned face. "do i have lipstick on my lips now?" i asked her hoping it would work. she giggled and then nodded. "okay, now i need to know.. how do i look?" i asked her as i went into a random pose to make her laugh. "you look very beautiful." she told me now causing me to blush. i slightly leaned in, and kissed her cheek as i saw her face start to burn up.

"so do you wanna watch a movie?" i asked her. "yeah! that sounds like a great idea!" she agreed. "okay- oh and we should make popcorn!" i suggest. "i was about to suggest the same thing!" el says as we stand up off her bed and walked out of her room. we walked downstairs and into the kitchen, and there saw joyce getting a cup of water. "hey joyce! we're just getting some popcorn!" el told joyce as she spun around with a smile painted on her face, but then the smile she had on her face got replaced with confusion. "el come here." she said as she gestured for el to come closer. el gave her a confused look, but stepped closer. joyce licked her thumb, and then wiped something off el's cheek. "somehow you got some lipstick on your cheek." joyce said as she tried to get it off. el's eyes widened as she slightly stuttered. "t-that's weird.." she stuttered.