pt. 18

el's pov:

"okay, dustin how about you go next?" will suggested. "wait you guys get the fortunes inside?" dustin asked. "yeah, that's how this works." max tells him. "shit i put them all for me.." dustin mutters. "what? what did you put?" lucas asks as he rips the fortune teller out of dustin's hands. "you are suzies soulmate.. you are suzies soulmate.. you are suzies soulmate.." lucas red out loud. "dude do these all say 'you are suzies soulmate'?" lucas asked him. "uh- maybe.." dustin admits. "DUDE! these are for eachother! not JUST ourselves!" lucas tells dustin. "okay both of you shut up! let's just do something else." max tells everyone. "like what?" mike asks in an annoyed tone.

"MICHAEL, TELL YOUR FRIENDS DINNER IS READY!" mrs wheeler yells from the kitchen upstairs. "that." max says. "ONE MINUTE MOM!" mike yells back. "how about after dinner we go on a walk?" will suggests. "that sounds fun!" i tell them. "sure." max agrees. "MICHAEL!" mrs wheeler screams. "ONE MINUTE MO- ugh fine!" mike groans as he walks up the basement stairs. we follow him upstairs, and we all walk into the kitchen.

"michael we're having chicken, potatoes, and peas." mrs wheeler tells us as we sit down at the dinning room table. i silently sigh, because out of all of those i only like potatoes. "they're eating with us?" mr wheeler asked. "yes ted! now don't be rude again." mrs wheeler tells him as she sets down a few plates of the food. he frowned and then started to eat his chicken. "hey mom what are we having for dinner?" nancy asked as walked into the kitchen. "chicken, potatoes, and peas." mrs wheeler tells her. "oh- okay." she says as she sits down. mrs wheeler put holly in her high chair, and brought over the rest of the food.

"thanks." i told mrs wheeler as she placed a plate infront of me. "no problem sweetheart." mrs wheeler said with a warm smile. mrs wheeler also sat down, and then tried to feed holly. "so.. uh how was everybody's day?" nancy asked to fill the awkward silence. nobody replied, but just kept eating. it was so quiet, other the noises of chewing, and forks being scraped against plates, but then mr wheeler spoke. "there's 10 people at this table." he announces. "yeah? why does that matter?" mrs wheeler asked. "it's just a lot.." he tells her. mrs wheeler rolled her eyes, and then tried to give a spoonful of potatoes to holly.

"no! gross!" holly said as she spat out the potatoes. "holly please eat." mrs wheeler pleaded. holly shook her head and crossed her arms. "10 is a lot of people.." mr wheeler muttered underneath his breath. nancy groaned and grab her plate of food, and stood up. "fine then, i'm going to my room." nancy said as she walked out of the kitchen, and upstairs. mrs wheeler shot mr wheeler a death glare, and then grabbed holly and stood up. "what?" mr wheeler asked in a confused tone. "i'm gonna watch tv with holly." mrs wheeler said as she walked towards the living room. "what did i do!?" mr wheeler called out. "i hope your enjoying your chicken ted." mrs wheeler said before she stormed out of the kitchen with holly.

"uhm we're gonna go too.." mike awkwardly said as he grabbed his plate of food and stood up. i look around at max and the other boys, and they were also standing up. i grabbed my plate and also stand up, and followed them into the basment.

"can we go on the walk now?" will asked. "in a bit, let's just finish eating." mike said as he sat down on a couch. "okay," will said as he sat down beside mike. "hey uh.. i'm sorry that your parents were fighting.." will awkwardly said as he placed a hand on mikes shoulder. mike looked away from will, and spoke. "uhm- i-it's fine.." mike told him. i took a better look at mike, and noticed something. his cheeks were slightly red. huh- weird, the chicken was probably too hot or something.

"el?" max asked me as i felt her grab my hand. i turned around and saw max's face. i looked away as i spoke because i could feel myself starting to blush. "tomorrow do you maybe wanna spend the night at my house, or maybe have a sleepover?" she suggested. without hesitation i immediately agreed. i was not quite sure what me and max's relationship was quite yet, but all i knew was that i really liked her, she really liked me, and i would do whatever to spend time with her. "great, come to my house tomorrow after dinner?" she suggested. i was about to agree, but then that meant i would have to see her mom, and her mom caught us kissing, and it would be kinda awkward.