Chapter 6

Everyone got out of the river to dry off. Loona, Vortex, and Crymini shook themselves like canines getting water off of their fur but on anyone nearby. Everyone decided to celebrate with a late dinner of burgers and hot dogs. They went to a diner not far from the river. It was a cool retro 1950s-style place with red leather seats, black & white checkered tile floors, and framed photographs of Hollywood actors and cars from that time.

Cody and the others sat at a big round booth in a corner next to the jukebox that was lighting up colorful LED lights. They mostly dried off from being in the river and were only a little damp. Everyone in the restaurant recognized Cody and his friends. The female demons squealed with glee over Cody's cuteness and wanted selfies with him. Cody patiently smiled and got together with his fans for selfies. After that, he was finally able to relax with his friends and order food. Loona held him close from behind as Cody rested in her arms.

A tall skinny female imp demon waiter approached them, "Hello, welcome. Shall we start with some drinks?"

"Yes, please. Everyone will have water and I'll have a root beer float," Vortex said.

"Firebeer for me," Loona said.

"Same and the others," Crymini added.

The waiter nodded and turned to Cody, "And you young man?"

"I'll have a root beer float too," Cody answered.

"Alright, I'll be back with the drinks."

"So Cody, how does it feel to be a rockstar in Hell?" Millie asked.

Cody smiled, "It's pretty amazing. Although, I don't know what Tommy and Celeste would say about all this."

Crymini shrugged, "Eh, won't know, won't hurt 'em."

"Yeah, maybe not mention this to them. Not yet anyway," Vortex suggested.

"Still though, it's pretty sweet. I think you're a bigger star than Verosika Mayday," Moxxie said.

"Definitely one with better music," Loona said with her arm around Cody's shoulder.

The waiter returned with everyone's drinks. Everyone ordered burgers, baskets of fries with seasoned salt, and hot dogs. Rocking on stage in front of an audience and going for a swim can build up an appetite. Cody was kind of quiet most of the time while everyone else talked. Blitzo had ideas about how to use Cody's successful fame to his advantage to get more customers for I.M.P. He talked about using Cody for a commercial, and while Loona was unsure about it, Cody had no problem with it if it would help with the business. Everyone kind of pigged out eating a lot but enjoying the delicious food.

It was late by the time everyone headed home, but along the way, Cody kept his eyes open. He was half expecting to see that demon again and even though he was nowhere to be found, Cody could feel someone's eyes on him. Cody kept getting nightmares of that day he lost his parents in that fire while seeing that demon and his glowing smile. He even heard his haunting voice talking as his parents were screaming. He heard him saying things like 'You had this coming,' or 'You made me do this.' All this was twisting Cody from the inside making him uncomfortable.

Cody had difficulty falling asleep.

'Why can't I stop thinking about that? It's been two years,' Cody thought.

Cody got up and went to the balcony to look at the sky. Before he knew it, he felt a pair of hands wrap around from behind. It was Loona in her pajamas.