Chapter 27

Cody and Loona were summoned to a Free Demon Union stronghold – a fortress with an army mobilizing for the assault on Slaughtersburg and Bloodhill. The army was composed of Imp, Succubus, Hellhound, Baphomet, hybrid demons, half-breed demons, etc. All of them were armed and ready for battle. Their arsenal was mixed with firearms and blunt weapons. Some of them had enchanted staffs and books for magical combat. Armored vehicles, armed helicopters, jets, and even tanks were also used.

Being knights now, not only did Loona and Cody have rank and authority, they had special armor and gear for them. Loona's armor was demonic chest armor protecting her whole torso, front and back, neck, shoulder armor pads, and gauntlets. On her lower side, she had something similar to kuzazuri samurai armor protecting her private area, rear, and hips. Her shins and calves had armor covering her legs as well, along with her knees. The armor was strong enough to hold up against bullets and arrows, but light allowed her to move freely and fast. Loona was given a helmet with a face shield equipped with night vision, thermal, x-ray, etc., and they were equipped with coms to communicate.

Cody had something similar to Loona's but not as much. He needed his back accessible so his wings could come out. Instead of a helmet, he got an earpiece. All the soldiers saluted him and Loona as they walked through, following Draven, heading for the main hall – Cody and Loona casually saluted and nodded back to the soldiers.

"The Free Demon Union Army isn't messing around," Cody spoke as he looked at all the arsenal.

"Yeah, you guys have enough weapons and soldiers to invade a country," Loona added.

"That's the idea. The VVV Legion control large areas east of the Flaming Mountains, with huge numbers on their sides. Not just demons but other dark creatures like gargoyles, trolls, basilisks, goblins, manticores, minotaurs, cthulhus, and chimeras. They're still recruiting. So, we need all we can get," Draven said.

Once they got to the main hall, there was their dark king, King Purson, and his knights, who had a mix of medieval and ballistic armor. Duke Dantalion and his Knight Greyhound Raiders. The Fallen Angels, Samael, Lamia, Satan, and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, were there too. There were several high-ranking officer demons and a general who looked much like the Ghost King from Danny Phantom but different. He resembled the form of a giant strong man but with Imp-like features. He had four horns, two big long ones on his head pointing up and two thick ones on the side of his head pointing down and slightly forward toward his chin. His face and big tail were Imp-ish, but his eyes glowed red. He wore fancy medieval-style armor. His big shoulder pads were giant medal skulls, and his chest armor, gauntlets, and shin armor had red and black tribal demon decorations. He had a belt full of guns, ammo, and a sword. His cape was red fire. He had a knife scar over the bridge of his nose.

They all stood around a big round table with a giant 3D hologram map. When Loona and Cody walked in, they stopped talking and turned to face them.

"My dark lords, Dame Loona and Sir Cody, have arrived," Draven announced.

Cody and Loona respectfully bowed, "Our dark lords."

"Ah, Loona and Cody. I'm so glad you can join us. You remember the Fallen Angels and the Four Horsemen. Allow me to introduce you to General Braxton," King Purson stated.

General Braxton walked over to Loona and Cody.

"Ah, the famous Hellhound who saved and adopted a human boy . . . and the boy who killed Valentino. I must say what an honor it is to finally meet the two people Hell has talked about for so long. The two who have . . . sacrificed so much and at great personal risk," General Braxton said.