Chapter 37

A female Hellhound was sparring in the gym against a large punching bag. Each punch, kick, and jab were hit hard and shook the punching bag. The punching bags weren't ordinary ones. They were custom-made to be more robust and durable because it didn't take long for her to break ordinary ones and have the sand spill out.

Her name is Phoenix. She was 14 years old. She had long, straight, layered dark brunette hair that faded to a light brown – similar to her tail. Her fur was brownish grey, but her hands were black. She had a Hispanic background, which would explain the accent and why, when she was angry, she'd swear in Spanish. Her favorite music was hard rock and punk. Her favorite food was spicy and hot food – cold food wasn't her cup of tea. She hated bullies, techno music, and plain tasteless food like tofu. Her hobbies were potion alchemy, fire magic, listening to music, martial arts, kickboxing, and watching MMA, UFA, and kickboxing matches. She was a strong and skilled fighter despite looking a little on the skinny side. Phoenix was a tough gal that took crap from nobody.

When she finished sparring, she was all sweaty and showered off. She changed into her normal clothes. She wore a torn red midriff shirt over her black sports bra, black tight jean shorts, ripped black leggings, dark brown knee-high combat boots with yellow laces, black and red spiked bracelets, and a red belt with white holes.

She walked out and headed for the library a few short blocks down the street from the gym to meet her best friend and adoptive sister, Ave. Ave was a Hellhound with white, black, and turquoise hair and fur. Ave was the same age as Phoenix but the opposite of her. She wasn't a tough and sassy girl but more shy and sweet. She was more into pop rock, hip-hop, and rap music. Her favorite foods were sushi and ramen. Her hobbies were computer art, making music videos, dancing, rally car racing, and off-road racing. She wasn't a physical fighter but a computer wiz expert – especially hacking. She was a wiz computer hacker and a master at 'digital hacking' where one can literally go into the system Sombra from Overwatch.

Her clothing was a black and yellow hooded jacket with spikes on the end of the sleeves and a skull with crossbones and chains around the shoulders. Under the jacket was a light turquoise sleeveless shirt, black shorts, ripped leggings, a pair of sneakers with fur around the ankles, and a dog paw print on the side of the shoes.

When Phoenix got to the library, she searched for her best friend and found her. Ave goes to the library to study or do her thing on her laptop. However, she was backed up against a wall with two teenage boy Imp demons. She recognized them, Dave and Albert. They were the same pricks that were stalking and harassing both her and Ave.

"Come on, baby. One evening with us, and I'll make all your dreams come true," Dave said.

"I-I told you before. I said no," Ave said, looking away with an uncomfortable expression.

Albert leaned in, "Don't be such a prude, darling. You won't know—"

"Hey, pendejo!" Phoenix shouted.

They both turned to her as she marched over. Ave escaped from them and hid behind Phoenix.

"I told you shitstain assholes to leave us the fuck alone," Phoenix declared.

"Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix. Do you have to be such a wet blanket?" Dale insulted with a cocky smirk while placing his hand on her shoulder.

Phoenix glared and growled. She grabbed his wrist with one hand and used her other elbow to break his arm like a stick. There was a loud cracking sound followed by a compound fracture as his broken bones stuck to his punctured skin. He began to scream, but Phoenix grabbed his head and kneed his face hard. He fell on his back and lay there unconscious with blood oozing out of his broken nose and his broken arm.