Chapter 13

Verosika sat by the window smoking a long fancy cigarette looking out at the big Pentagram in the sky in deep thought. Two weeks have passed since the last time she and her crew saw their favorite human Cody. The sounds of gunfire and explosions could be heard in the far distance on the other side of Pentagram City on the outskirts of Blood Town. The dispute between the VVV Legion and the now Free Demon Union had now turned into a full-blown civil war. Hundreds of thousands of demons were engaging in armed conflicts, raids, and full-scale battles.

For years, the demons of Hell have been divided into different groups and sections of beliefs and ideals. Some were independent, others were siding with the VVV Legion or loyal to Lucifer and the Goetia family. The tensions were at their highest peak before Cody lit the powder keg with Valentino's death and it wasn't long until they sprang into action.

"Verosika? You ready?" Kiki asked.

"Just give me a few minutes. Let me finish this smoke," Verosika replied.

Kiki crossed her arms and sat by the window across from her succubus leader.

"You're worried about Cody, aren't you?" Kiki asked.

"Of course, I'm worried about Cody. Especially since that red shitstain cocksucker Blitzo running things. He's gonna get both Cody and Loona killed," Verosika before inhaling her cigarette.

Kiki lit a cigarette herself and inhaled deeply before exhaling a cloud of smoke.

"Right now Cody's with Lucifer and the Fallen Angels. They're training along with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Cody's got some very powerful allies. So, I wouldn't be too worried about it," Kiki explained.

Verosika groaned a sigh, "Yeah, but there are a fuck ton of Overlords that have it out for him and they got dangerous assassins. Anything could still happen to him."

"I know, just have some faith. That's all I'm saying."

Apple walked in with Coco.

"Hey, you two ready? It's about to begin," Coco said.

Verosika took one last inhale of her cigarette before snuffing it out and Kiki was finished with hers as well.

"Yeah, so who are we meeting? The mob boss or that Overlord's right-hand man?" Kiki asked.

"Both, they're at the nightclub now," Apple answered.

"Alright girls, you know how it works. Be charming and curious, not nosey. Get them talkative, but be patient. Someone knows something. Has Milky and the boys found anything at Cody's basement?" Verosika asked as she straightened her clothes.

"I got a text that they finally got the basement doors open. They had to get some tools and equipment to move the rumble and debris out of the way, that's why it took so long," Coco answered looking at her phone.

"I told them the code is probably Cody's birthday, but if not I know a safe cracker," Apple said.

"Good. Alright, sluts, let's do this," Verosika stated shaking her hair.

Meanwhile

Since they didn't know where Vox and Velvet were, it was decided that Cody go back with Loona and his friends. However, before Cody could go, Lucifer and King Paimon wanted him to meet the rest of the Goetia family and demon nobles. Cody and Octavia got ready and dressed for the royal ball. Cody was nervous as hell. The Imp servants had him dressed in a blue and black prince outfit that was a gothic military-style uniform. The jacket was deep blue with buttons and epaulets were black along with the shoulder ribbon around his right shoulder that was linked with one of his chest buttons. On his left side was a shiny silver renaissance-style shoulder cape that had a black sparkling satanic star on it. The cuffs on his shirt were white with shiny silver cufflinks that had little stars on them and he had white formal dress nylon gloves. His pants were blue with black stripes on the side of his legs going down to his shiny black leather shoes. Cody's hair was combined neatly and at the bottom of his neck at his upper chest was a big clear gem above his white jabot neck collar.