Chapter 9

They talked more about what to do and what was safe for everyone. They all stood with Cody and vowed to be there if he needed them. Stolas was on his phone and made a few calls to get a hold of some demons that could get I.M.P. some blessing-tipped weapons and holy bullets. Crymini decided to get some training to learn how to fight. Sinner demons can't die at the hands of other demons. They can only die by holy weapons or by exorcist angels, which would explain why in the past Crymini and other sinner demons have been shot, stabbed, poised, crushed, beaten, blown up, and even set on fire and they just shake it off like it's nothing. Crymini wanted to help Cody, not for a chance at atonement, but because she truly cared about him.

Before Jesus left he looked over at Cody, "Oh, and Cody one more thing."

"What is it?" Cody asked.

"Even if you intentionally wanted to murder Valentino, you know I would have forgiven you, right? Because you're the type of person that would go the distance for redemption."

Cody nodded, "Definitely."

Jesus bent down on one knee to look Cody in the eye.

"Speaking of forgiveness, don't you think you should do a living forgiving?" Jesus asked.

Cody raised one eyebrow and glanced at Loona, "What do you mean?"

"Isn't there a certain someone who wronged you, but then saved you and Loona's life from danger?"

Cody realized who he was referring to, "You mean Verosika Mayday."

Jesus nodded.

Loona and Blitzo overheard them, "What?!"

Blitzo marched straight to them, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on. You want Cody to forgive that drunken whor—?!"

"Blitzy!" Stolas warned.

"Sorry. You want him to forgive that drunken trollop? After she kidnapped him? And stalked him?!"

Loona sided with him, "We know you're Jesus, and things like peace, harmony, and forgiveness are your thing, but come on. Verosika Mayday? You know what kind of person she is, right?"

"Did she save your life and Cody's life by killing Martha and her homicidal family?" Jesus asked.

Loona and Blitzo groaned and rolled their eyes, "Yes."

Then Jesus turned to Cody.

"Is she sorry for kidnapping you?" Jesus asked.

Cody let out a sigh, "Yes."

"Does she care about you and want to do right by you?"

"Yes."

"Then maybe you should give her another chance. Did you know she quit drinking for you?"

This got everyone's attention, even Vortex's as he walked up to him.

"Wait, she quit drinking? For real? Like she's sober? Bone dry and cold turkey sober?" Tex asked.

Jesus nodded, "Yep."

"Huh."

"Well, that's very impressive. I'll take my hat off to that, but I still don't trust her," Loona said.

Blitzo scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Okay, okay . . . I'll go and talk to her. If she's really better and wants to be my friend, then I'll give her another chance, but if she messes up and hurts me or my friends then that's the last straw. You're right. She did save my life and Loona's life. So, she deserves a chance, but only one more," Cody explained.