Chapter 35

Meanwhile, at a secure Grimm's safehouse on the surface

Moses was a tall, African-American, solid man with a clean bald head. He wore a black turtleneck shirt and jeans, with a gun resting in its shoulder holster. Moses's phone rang, and he picked up. The caller ID was Hector.

"Yeah?" Moses asked.

"Moses, do you know what you just did? You put me back on the grid. What the fuck, man?" Hector stated.

"Fight or not, you're not running and hiding from this. Not anymore. Since you're calling me, I take it Cody got the letter. Did you give him your contact?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Good," Moses said before hanging up.

From the shadowy corner, Husk sat quietly, stirring the ice in his drink. He was in his human form – his 'redemption' form. Husk looked very different than his sinner demon form. He was white with brown hair and a solid face. He wasn't big and buff, but his muscles were strong – his arms showed veins all over. He was wearing a white collared shirt and black slacks with suspenders.

"So, Cody's going to meet Gestas?" Husk questioned.

"Yes," Moses answered.

"Then what? How long are we going to keep hiding?"

"Until it's safe. Cody and I.M.P. know about the I.S.N.A. They attacked his brother, so now they'll retaliate. If we're lucky, he'll tell King Purson and inform the rest of the Goetia Kings to send knights after them. Either way, we need to be patient. How's Angel?"

Husk sipped his drink, "How do you think he's doing? He's fucking bored out of his goddamn mind, and so I am."

Moses squinted his eyes, "Oh, what's the matter? Having all the mind-blowing sex in the basement not entertaining you two enough?"

"Oh, eat shit, asshole! We're getting claustrophobic in here with a bad case of cabin fever. We know how dangerous it is, and we appreciate you guys helping us. We're just so fucking bored. I just thought it'd be okay to go back to the hotel after Valentino was axed," Husk said.

Then Angel Dust walked in. He was in his human form as well. Angel had soft blonde hair and gentle brown eyes with light freckles on his upper cheeks near his eyes. He was in his morning white bathrobe.

"You guys arguing again? I haven't sipped my coffee yet," Angel said.

"Husk was just informing me how you two are getting cabin fever here in the safehouse and how much you want to go back to the hotel," Moses explained.

"Look, we've been over why we can't go back, but is one visit really too much a risk?" Angel asked.

"I'm afraid so. Look, Cody and Loona are cleaning up Hell with the VVV. I.M.P. will handle the I.S.N.A. Once they're hit hard, then maybe it'll be safe enough for you two to see Charlie and Vaggie at the hotel," Moses explained.

Angel sat on Husk's lap and got comfortable as he wrapped his arms around his lover. Husk placed his glass on a stand nearby and hugged Angel back.

"I still get fucking goosebumps from seeing Valentino getting killed. For decades, I wished the impossible would happen . . . I just never thought it'd actually come true, especially not from a sweet kid like Cody," Angel Dust spoke.

"Yeah, I'm not too wild about that. The world's a cruel place, but bad shit happening to kids is the worst evil," Husk replied.

"You're telling me," a female spoke.