Chapter 19

As everyone left, Loona and Vortex waited until they got in the car to ask Cody about what Día gave him and what she said in his ear.

Once they closed their car doors, Loona asked, "What did Día say in your ear?"

"And what was that note she gave you?" Vortex added.

Cody pulled out the note and unfolded it, "It's an address. She said when we get to the hotel, summon a portal to that address. She and Summer want to talk about what they know."

Vortex nodded, "Okay, that'll work."

"Whatever helps," Loona said, starting the engine.

Then Cody's phone rang. When Loona saw Verosika's name on the screen, she rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Loona, come on. Don't be like that," Cody said before answering his phone, "Hey, Verosika. (Pause) Yeah, I'm okay. Everyone's okay. (Pause) No, Blitzo is not dead. (Pause) What? (Pause) You did? (Pause) Okay, listen, we're headed to a hotel right now. Once we get there, I'll summon a portal where you are so we can meet and talk. I'll explain more when we can talk face-to-face."

Ten Days Later

"You know what we need to do before we join I.M.P.? We need to give them a gift. Something that proves that we're capable," Kyo said.

"A gift? Like what?" Slade asked.

"Like someone that most would call 'untouchable.' Someone like Lord Drake. The demon lord from the Greed Ring."

Slade stopped and turned to his friend, "You want to go after the Mob King, Lord Drake?"

"Yeah, I know where he is. We kill him, take his body to I.M.P. It'll prove that we can take down anyone they want us to ice."

"You don't just want to kill Lord Drake because you don't like him?"

Kyo rolled his eyes with a sigh, "All right fine, I fucking hate the guy. He's a monstrous pig. A lying, sex-offending murderer. He's powerful. If we kill him, we'll do the world a huge favor and prove I.M.P. that we got skills. So, come on, let's get this bastard."

"Okay, let's kill this fucker. You bringing Tim in on this?" Slade asked.

"Yep, and three is all we'll need for this."

They didn't take long to find Lord Drake and his illegal drug and black market trade operation at a warehouse next to a shipping container yard. The guards outside the warehouse were demons in their human disguise, while the demon workers inside were not. Because of this, it was pointless for the three heroes to have theirs on. Lord Drake was a tall, strong shark demon with black tiger-like stripes matching his suit. He had short black hair combed back under his black and white fedora hat.

The Baphomet demon, Tim, had arrived through the portal. He was as big and as strong as Vortex. His human disguise was that of a big, tall, and strong white man with a white Viking's mohawk haircut. When he shed his human disguise, it revealed his Baphomet demon form. He had purple fur, white mohawk hair, four black horns, two on top of his head on both sides of his red flame candle and two on the sides of his head, and a bit of nine o'clock shadow on his face. He had turquoise-colored eyes and one red eye in between his eyes in the center. He wore red pants, a black and red blazer jacket, a dark purple T-shirt with a white satanic star, and an upside-down satanic cross around his neck.

"Hey, boys, what's up?" Tim greeted with a smile.

"Tim, great to see you, man," Kyo hugged him.

Tim turned to the Hellhound, "Slade. I'll be goddamn. It's been too long."