Chapter 26

Everyone had pensive looks on their faces the moment she asked for Cody. Their eyes shifted back and forth between Cherri and each other. Cody stepped forward, and even though Loona tried to stop him, Slade held his arm out to stop her.

"I am. I'm Cody. Sir Cody Laurent," Cody stated.

Cherri Bomb scanned him from head to toe. She had a serious look on her face.

"So . . . you're him. You're the one everyone's talking about. You're the one that killed Valentino, right?" Cherri asked.

"Yes, that was me. I killed him."

There was a long moment of silence before Cherri marched in front of him. Her sudden movement got everyone on edge. Some, like Millie, Moxxie, Blitzo, Shadow, Kimi, Slade, Kyo, and Loona, had a hand reaching for a gun or a weapon. The rest had their muscles flexing, ready to respond.

"Do you have any idea what that monster did to Angel for years?! I. Have. Spent. Years building up my power so I could go head-to-head with that bastard. So, I could make him suffer for every sin HE EVER MADE. So that I could free Angel Dust and hundreds of poor souls just like him! So that I could get revenge! AND YOU MADE HIM SUFFER FOR WHAT HE DID AND THEN SOME MORE!!" Cherri yelled with deep anger in her voice.

Her shouting got everyone to point guns at her and draw blades. They were about to spring into action to pull Cody away from Cherri and apprehend her, but Cody held his hand up, telling them to stop as he turned back to Cherri. The anger on Cherri's face slowly vanished as tears built up in her eye.

"I. fucking . . . love you," Cherri uttered before kissing Cody's face and squeezing him in for a tight hug.

Cody hugged her back while patting her back as she began to sob.

"Oh, it's . . . it's okay. It's all right," Cody assured.

Charlie and Vaggie went over to comfort Cherri as everyone slowly put away their weapons. Millie brought some tissues for Cherri as they sat in the living room. Moxxie brought her some water.

"Sorry to crash your party. I just . . . I needed to see you. I had to see the person that delivered that beautiful death to that fucking monster," Cherri said.

"I understand. Valentino hurt a lot of people in messed up ways," Cody replied.

"Honey, you don't know the half of it. I don't know how Angel was about to put up with him for decades."

"Speaking of Angel, where is he?" Vaggie questioned.

"Vaggie," Charlie stopped her girlfriend.

Cherri sighed, "I don't know. He's probably hiding up on the surface somewhere. If he were here in Hell, I'd know by now."

"When's the last time you saw him?" Blitzo asked.

"About ten days before the Battle of the Bands that Cody won. He left in a hurry with Husk, but Angel called me a day after the concert. He warned me that Valentino was going after Cody," Cherri explained.

Everyone's eyes widened.

"What?!" Loona exclaimed.

"Say what?!" Millie & Moxxie added.

"Yeah! I was gonna warn you guys and Cody, but that snake asshole Pentious got me in a trap, and it was a real bitch to get out of it. By the time I busted out, you had already killed Valentino," Cherri explained.