Chapter 40

King Bael sat in the middle of his throne while his two nephews sat in their chairs beside him. The throne room was dark and lit with purple fire.

King Bael was as intimidating as they come. He was as big and as tall as King Paimon and King Purson. His body was dark primarily with his face being in his torso. He had shoulder pads resembling spider webs with large, curvy spikes at the end. Little spider charms were hanging down from strings of web. The head was a fake head with three faces and a crown – the face of a demonic frog on one side, a demonic cat on the other side, and in front, a smiling human face with six eyes on the front. The cat and frog eyes were glowing purple light while the human eyes were black. On top of the heads rested the black and golden crown. His torso was where his true face was. A giant purple eye opened with a large and demonic mouth.

King Bael was known by many names. One of his more infamous names was 'The Exorcist Eater.' Exorcist angels were not known to show and possibly not even feel fear, but if they did, then King Bael was something for them to fear. Powerful beings in Hell, such as the Goetia Family, make it a sport to hunt and kill Exorcist angels, and King Bael not killed them but devoured them.

Leo, a demonic cockatiel bird, was tall, strong, and powerful. He was going to take his uncle's place as the next Goetia King. Ever since he was little, he has been hailed as a prodigy in swordsmanship. He was powerful with magic, but his true talent was in physical combat. It was rumored he battled against an Archangel, but no one knows for sure. What many don't know is he has a human boyfriend named Samir. In the human world, Leo is an athletic bodybuilder. In Hell, he's one of the most powerful dark lords of the Goetia Family. He is widely respected and feared.

Leo's half-brother and Zepar's second son, Francesco, was a demonic green parrot. He was much younger than his brother and not as heavily built. He was handsome with green and red feathers with hair of the same color. He was going to take his father's place as the next Duke of Hell. He wasn't a prodigy like Leo, but like Stolas, he was mighty powerful in his full demon form, as was Leo. Fran was also very influential with magic and grew up with Octavia.

Cody and Loona felt nervous as King Bael opened his one glowing eye and mouth as he spoke. Leo and Francesco also opened their glowing eyes – Leo's eyes glowed yellow, and Fran's was turquoise.

"Hello, hello, hello . . . welcome, welcome, my honored guests," King Bael spoke.

"Presenting our honored guests, my dark lords! His Royal Highness, King Purson. Duke Dantalion, Prince Stolas, and his daughter, Princess Octavia. Sir Cody and Dame Loona with Kyo and Kely!" a servant announced.

"Heil King Bael!" King Purson declared.

Everyone bowed in respect.

King Bael spoke with a smile, "Purson! Splendid to see you again! And Dan, it's been too long!"

Duke Dantalion nodded, "Yes, it has."

"How are things in Nightmare City? I hear that's where everyone's going, right?"

"A lot of people are coming in, yes. It's gotten real busy, real fast."

"Wonderful, and Purson, you look marvelous! Always the fierce lion, aren't you?" King Bael asked.

"Oh, you know me, Bael. I never say no to a smashing time. I never back down from a fight, and this war is the challenge I've long waited to welcome," King Purson said, letting his thick British out.

"My dark lords, allow me to introduce the ones that you've been eagerly waiting to see, Sir Cody and Dame Loona," Duke Dantalion presented, "This is the boy that everyone has been talking about."