Chapter 16

Art by hammxd

"Wait, what?!" Loona exclaimed.

Cody put her in the orb of light with the others. Loona pounded her fists, trying to get out, but it was unbreakable.

"What are you doing, Cody?!" Loona demanded with a pensive look.

Everyone got close to the orb wall to look at Cody.

"Loona . . . you and everyone have always been there for me. You've protected me. You took care of me. You loved me. You're everything I ever needed when I was alone and lost," Cody explained.

"What are you saying?!" Blitzo demanded.

Cody placed his hand on the orb wall over Loona's hand, "Now, it's my turn to protect you."

"No! Screw that! Let's run! Don't fight them, Cody!" Crymini shouted.

Cody shook his head, "No. No running and no hiding. I'll be okay. Besides—"

Cody pulled out Death's scythe.

"—I got this. This'll kill any demon, including Overlords. Just sit back and let me handle this."

Cody sent the orb to the rooftop of the I.M.P. building while he flew down to ground level towards Sonato.

"Come back!" Loona exclaimed.

Sonato growled and began transforming into his complete demon form. Cody crashed on the asphalt road doing a superhero landing, roughly making all the cars and vehicles shake. All the civilian demons nearby recorded the battle with I.M.P. against Sonato's men and were now recording and live streaming Cody. He was live and viral throughout the whole Hell Internet. As Loona watched from the edge of the rooftop building, barely acknowledging her arm was bleeding, Blitzo tore a piece of his shirt to cover it and stop it.

Sonato's complete demon form was genuinely monstrous, like Valentino. Rows of sharp teeth merged from his large beak, six black eyes emerged, his wings grew big, and he had sharp claws like bats and talons. A large tail appeared as well, and it was as beastly as his body with rows of sharp spikes, and the whole thing was on fire. Sonato roared an ungodly scream while expanding his wings.

Before Cody had his powers, this sight alone would have terrified him, but now he didn't even blink. Sonato glared at Cody before producing a full-power sonic scream. The sonic scream was so powerful that it cracked and shook the asphalt and concrete sidewalks while shattering all the glass windows. Any unfortunate civilian demon in the sonic scream's path met a bloody death. On the other hand, Cody stood his ground, using his magic to summon an unbreakable shield. He survived, but while he wasn't looking, Sonato flew up and shot red, orange, and yellow fire energy beams out of his eyes.

Cody dodged the beams and shot a more giant, more powerful white and black energy beam of light and darkness. Sonato narrowly escaped it. As he flew around, he shot a dozen balls of energy that exploded upon impact. With a mere hit of his fist, the explosive spheres of power bounced off of Cody's hand with ease. Sonato flew behind the buildings to lose himself and be out of sight. Cody looked around but couldn't find him. It was quiet as a graveyard. The civilian demons also looked around, with their smartphones still recording.

"Where did he go?!" a female Imp woman asked.

"I don't know! I can't see him!" a skinny male Baphomet demon responded.