Thank You

Jayden POV

Why am I being called to the principal? what have I done? I don't remember if I did anything wrong so let's begin to fill in my head but all stopped when I reached his office I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

*KNOCK
*KNOCK
*KNOCK

after the 3rd knock I heard a faint 'come in' as I opened the door to reveal the principal of this hell hole of a high school.

" You wanted to see me sir?"

" Ah Jayden, yes I did want to see you and don't worry you're not in trouble I just have some news to tell you," He told me with a smile as I sat down.

" So as you may have heard the manager of the basketball team has been relieved of their duties so we need a new manager," He explained as I sat still.

" And the problem with that is competitions coming up along with tournaments coming up so they need to manager," He explained as I nodded nervously.

" So since you have a good grades, you're good at managing things, you're going to explaining so I've decided to make you the new manager of the basketball team," He finished as my body stood still.

Why me out of all people?
You couldn't have chosen LITERALLY anyone else?

" Well here's all the stuff you need jacket, team schedule, names of the people on the team Etc." He told me as he slid me the papers from his side of the table.

I looked at it feeling nauseous I think he realized as he spoke up.

" Look if you want your best friend um Nathan to help you he can if you'd like that he told me with a small smile as I took a breath of relief.

" I'd like that."

" All right then it's settled then," He said as we both got up and shook hands as I turned to leave I stopped and turned to look at him.

" Sir?" I said as he looked at me confused.

" Yes?"

" Than you, thank you for this I mean I said making him smile as I left now knowing that there is at least one good person in this hell hole.