chapter 16

A/N
Apologizing in advance

"That bastard, how dare he betray them" remus said, after he finally pulled himself together. The two had been sitting on the porch, cold wind blowing but all they did was cry.
"How could he betray them? How could he betray the ones who took him in" he said.
Alya's eyes shot up, realising remus wasn't talking about peter.

"What?" She said, scared of where this was going.
"James was his family, his brother, he sold them out." Remus said, his face wet with tears. Alya got up.
"you really think sirius would do that? How could you say that!"
Remus got up, putting his hand on alya's shoulder but she shrugged it off.
"Al, he did this, he was the secret keeper" remus kept his tone calm.
"NO! Sirius would never do that! Peter was the traitor! I doubted him from the beginning, he had been acting weird ever since he joined the army!" Alya slowly raised her voice, also regretting she didnt do anything about her suspicions.
"That poor man! He's dead! He'd be too scared to work for the dark lord but sirius-"
"What about him? Were you gonna say he'd switch sides?"
"Wouldn't be the first black to do it" remus said that in a low voice but alya heard it. Alya's eyes widened in shock.
"SO WHAT? YOU THINK I'M A DEATHEATER TOO JUST BECAUSE I WAS BORN IN THAT CRAPPY HELL?"
"I never said that"
"BUT YOU MEANT THAT! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU RIGHT NOW. SIRIUS WAS YOUR BESTFRIEND!"
"SO WERE JAMES, AND LILY AND PETER! AND GUESS WHAT, THEY ARE ALL DEAD" remus raged. Alya took a step back. Overhead the sky thundered and turned grey.
"SIRIUS IS MY BROTHER! I TRUST HIM!"
"YOU'RE BLINDED THEN. JAMES WAS YOUR BROTHER, HE TREATED YOU LIKE FAMILY AND YOU'RE STILL SUPPORTING THE PERSON WHO CAUSED HIS MURDER!? WHAT ARE YOU BELIEVING THEN HUH? THAT REGULUS WAS A GOOD MAN TOO? THAT HE DIDN'T KILL OR TORTURE ALL THOSE PEOPLE OR THAT MARLENE AND DORCUS ARENT DEAD BECAUSE YOUR TWO DEATHEATER BROTHERS WERE CONNECTED TO THAT CAUSE? BLACKS ARE NO GOOD, SIRIUS PROVED THAT TODAY. YOU NEED TO STOP PUTTING YOUR FAITH IN PEOPLE THAT EASILY, YOU'RE NOT A KID ALYA!"
Alya took a deep breath. Raindrops slowly rising in speed. Dripping the couple and everything around in water.
"I guess I do put my faith in the wrong people." She said in a low voice. Remus realised what he had said, guilt washing him over. Ofcourse he didn't mean alya when he said all blacks, he loved her and trusted her more than anyone else. Alya turned around, slowly walking to cross the barrier to apparat.
"Al, wait i-" remus ran after her but it was too late. She had left, alya black, the love of his life had left him, just like all the other people who left him that day, he messed up. he fell to his knees.
"Dont leave me" he whispered.

The next time remus lupin saw alya black was at the potter's funeral. She looked sick, her face missing the light it once had. Dark circles underneath her eyes and a broken face. She had been living with the tonks, nymphadora followed her around. Remus was grateful for the little kid to keep alya accompanied. He saw her greet frank and alice's son, little neville who was there with his grandfather. The poor old lady hugged alya and cried, she had lost her son and daughter. They were alive but in a bad state. Remus tried to go and talk to her, but once he saw her avoiding him he didn't try again. She was in too much pain already. Remus imagined alya coming back to their house the day after the fight but she didnt, all he saw when he got home was that her stuff was gone, so was alya from his life. Alya sat at the potter's grave even after everyone had left. She sat there for too long. Remus was there as well, unknown to her, he stood behind a tree. Soon it began to rain again, but alya didnt move.
Alya felt as if she was paralysed, her body stocked to the ground even after the first few raindrops fell on her. The weather seemed to match her mood. She saw how the weather worsen but noticed she was still dry, she looked up in confusion and saw an invisible barrier sheileding her from the rain. She looked around to find the person who casted the charm and a saw a figure leaving the graveyard. She broke into a sob, something she had been controlling for a few days now, remus lupin was the only good thing she had left in her life. As much as she wanted to run to him she also couldn't. Her body ached. She wanted to move on, leave her past and all the hurt it brought behind but she didnt want to forget them. Dumbledore had informed her that she couldnt meet harry until he said she can. He would not be informed about any of his uncles and his aunt. She argued, yelled, but knew it was to protect him.
She hoped to see petunia come to her sister's funeral with harry, she searched for him and it broke her heart that lily's sister wasnt even there to say her last goodbye. They had an awful relationship, a very toxic one. Alya had lost all hope that was until she spotted a tall lady in the very back, a hat shielding her face and the only person who wasn't dressed in wizard clothing. Petunia didn't stay for long.
Alya wanted to move out of the tonks mansion, but andromeda didnt allow her to leave in such state. She spent her days there as if she was just a shadow. Her goddaughter was a great distraction who brought her joy but alya's sun had set on the day of halloween along with james and lily potter and the seperation of her with her brother, remus and nephew.