chapter 20

Remus and alya were on a weird talking stage. Neither bringing up the past, it was mostly school work related talk. Alya had been getting more and more students for counselling sessions as the school year proceeded. Soon enough it was the time for the first hogsmeade trip. All third years were ecstatic to go on their first visit to the wizarding village, everyone except one third year. Harry potter.
"I am sorry alya but I cant allow it"
"He's just a kid minerva, let him have his freedom. Who knows what will have happen in the future. ill accompany him if thats what it takes "
"As much as I wish to let him go I cant allow it, I would've signed it myself but its not accepted"
"I understand" alya said, finally giving up.

Harry strutted all around the castle. The only kids there were first and second years, and harry didnt have the patience to deal with them. He finally came across professor lupin. Talking the whole afternoon away, talking about his parents. Alya meanwhile accompanied the kids to hogsemeade. Taking them around, finally ended up in three broomsticks where she met hagrid, who was also on kids duty. They chatted away until it was finally time to take the kids back.
First thing alya did when she came back was find harry, who was sitting in the great hall waiting for his friends.
"Hello harry" alya smiled.
"Good evening professor." He nodded back.
"I brought these for you, didn't want you missing out" she handed him some sweets. Harry was shocked at the sigh of it.
"Wow, Thankyou so much. You didnt have to" ge said, gratefully.
"Dont mind it, your friends are on their way to the common room, they think you're there." she said, harry nodded gratefully again and thanked her. Alya made her way back to the common room as well, she bought some stuff for neville too. But stopped to see a commotion around it.
She forced her way through the crowds, a gasp leaving her mouth.
The portrait guarding the common room was ripped, the lady missing.
"What's going on?"
"She was a bad singer anyway"
"You think its got something to do with him?" 
Childeren made their theories. Every teacher had finally arrived at the spot.
"Mr. Filch? Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the Fat Lady." Dumbledore ordered as soon as he arrived.
"There's no need for ghosts, professor. The Fat Lady's there." Filch pointed his bony finger across the corridor. The fat lady could be seen hiding behind a cow. Another commotion followed, every student moved to take a proper look.
"Mind where you're going! Slow down! You listen! I'm Head Boy! - Come back here! - Keep moving!" Percy weasely could be heard yelling. Finally, after a lot of struggle dumbledore arrived at the painting.
"Dear lady, who did this to you?"
She peeped up, fear in her eyes as she stuttered.
"Eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. It's him, headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!"
Alya's instant reaction was to look at remus, who apparently had the same thought. Both stared at eachother with worry. Alya's breath getting shaky.
"Oh sirius, what have you done" she whispered so no one could hear it.
Dumbledore silenced alya crowd of students, guiding all of them to the great hall. The teachers were asked to meet him near the entrance of gryffindor's common room.
"Everyone pair up, search every corner of the castle. Make sure the kids are ok. Find sirius black" he said.
"Why go through all that trouble headmaster, why not ask the two very obvious suspects" he said, glaring remus and alya.
"Oh don't be ridiculous, you think they'll let him in?" Mcgonagall said with an annoyed tone. 
"She's a black after all, and him, he doesnt need an explanation" hr shrugged.
"Careful snape, or may we take down a trip through the memory lane and remind you your prior job" alya glared back at him.
"Now now, I have full faith none of you would do so, it would be much more appreciated if you all do as I ask you to do" dumbledore said and left.
Alya was in the great hall making sure the kids were not too scared, helping them set their sleeping bags. Calming the panicked ones down. Remus came in, she looked at him, he shook his head. It was a silent conversation, deep down Alya was relieved Sirius wasn't caught. It would've gotten very ugly.

the night went by, there was no sign of Sirius. Remus and alya were the only ones who knew how he managed to do so but neither dared tell anyone. Remus was on rest soon after, full moon followed.
Later was the quidditch match, alya was very excited to see harry play. Spitting image of james in the sky. He was very good from what she had heard.
Gryffindor vs hufflepuff. She cheered the teams on. The match was a bit off, fog everywhere so it wasn't a very clear game. She lost sight of harry and cedric. She looked around
"Where are the seekers?" she shared her concern with minerva.
"Oh merlin" she gasped, just realising.
Cedric diggory zoomed down from the sky, coming near the teacher's stands. He yelled something but it wasn't audible due to the rain. All Alya could make out was high, dementors and harry. She along with minerva quickly connected the dots.
"Oh no" her body tensed, quickly jumping to action she took out her wand.
"Expecto patronum!" she yelled out, as strongly as she could. An animal lept out, pacing around the sky. It was the only thing she could've done. Students gasped at the sigh of the great cat. But it seemed it was too late, as a body could be seen falling down. The teachers along with many students got up.
"ARESTO MOMENTUM" dumbledore slowed down harry.

"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?"
"Peaky?"
"What do you expect? He fell over feet. Let's walk you off a tower and see what you look like."
"Probably a right sight better than he normally does." This is what harry woke up to.
"How are you feeling?"
"Oh, brilliant." Harry said sarcastically.
"You gave us a right good scare."  "What happened?"
"Well, you fell off your broom."
"Really? I meant the match. Who won?"
"No one blames you, Harry. Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore's furious. After he saved you, he sent them off. There's something else you should know too. When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow, and... Well... I'm sorry to hear about your broomstick. Is there no chance of fixing it?"
Harry's heart broke a million pieces on the sight of his nimbus 2000. It was his most prized possessions, right after the album  of pictures hagrid had given him.
"No." He said. "There was a patronus, a huge one. A panther I suppose. Made all the dementors scatter" he said
"That was professor Alya's, she was quick to take action. Reckon cedric told her" ron informed.
"She's really good" neville said
"It was bloody hot if you ask me" fred remarked.
"Freddie kins here was in awe" george's teased.
"It saved my life" harry said finally.
"