36

Vita

It wasn’t necessarily the screams that were keeping me awake at night. It was the knowledge that we were supposed to be the good guys and we were doing that to our prisoners. The prisoner to be exact. We had never done it to anyone before. I wondered if the Silver Sun did that to their prisoners. We most likely would have heard about it if they did do that to their prisoners. At the moment, the Silver Sun looked like a better organization for prisoners than ours did. Then again there were rumors that every 30 days they emptied their cells. Not in a good way. They didn’t release them, they killed the prisoners and dumped their bodies in the river. At least we hadn’t killed anyone yet. Well, for all I knew Ishani had. She had more secrets than she let on. And the rumors about the Silver Sun emptying their cells that way were just rumors. 

I grabbed the three trays of food, 2 med kits and headed down to the cell level. We only had 70 cells. I headed down the hallway and rounded the corner. There were soldiers at the corners of all hallways and every door heading out of the cell level. The only oddly placed soldiers were outside of the prisoner’s cell. I slid the first two trays of food into two cells along with one med kit. I was honestly surprised that the prisoner hadn’t escaped yet. The prisoner was more than capable. I guess the prisoner hadn’t escaped yet because of the injuries inflicted on them. That’s what I didn’t like. I know exactly what the prisoner did but I don’t think that the prisoner exactly deserves the type of treatment that they have received here. I waved the soldiers away that were outside of the cell and slid the food tray in along with the med kit.

“Clean yourself up, Ishani will come down soon to see if you’ve changed your mind about the information,” I stated. I waved the soldiers back over and they retook their positions. I left, walking down the hall, turning the corner and stepping into the elevator. The prisoner’s face was all that I could think of as I rode the elevator back up to the business level. Ishani is definitely weird. Instead of numbers for the level names she actually names the levels. So the level that has all the cells with prisoners in them is called the “cell level”, the floor with the offices where all the business and meetings and fights happen is the “business level.” They all have abbreviations on their buttons. It’s absurd but Ishani likes it that way so that is the way that it will be. As the elevator doors opened, I took a deep breath. Time to act like I didn’t want to “accidentally” let the prisoner out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Helloooooooooo, how are y'all doing?

Have y'all drank water yet?
No?
Then go do it.

Have a wonderful day and I hope you enjoyed the chappy!

-M <3 :)