63

Mel

Should we have told Wren about the contact lens camera? Yeah. Kalani could have told her too though. He knew, heck he’s the one that put it in his eye. Now we were packing up supplies to raid the Regnant. Again. This can’t end well. We had more people on our side back then and we had suffered major losses without gaining much. The trade of information for people wasn’t really worth it. We already had Alexis. We could have just told her to write down anything and everything she knew about the Regnant. All the losses could have been avoided if Alexis had spoken up.

I’m not the best fighter. The training sessions with Jett and Ruth I am learning just as much as Ruth is. I grabbed my jacket, slipped a dagger in my sleeve and holstered two guns. I followed Ruth into the elevator and we went up to level 163. We got out and waited. Wren came out with Faye a little while later. They were all ready. Alexis and Jett met us in the elevator as we headed down. Normally we sneak out of the club. This time Wren ignored the hood on her jacket and walked out. People parted in front of her. We had all seen the videos that Ishani and Roy were sending to the news. 

Everyone knew the Wren was The Scorpion, The Butcher and The Black Death. No one wanted to get in her way. We walked out and jumped on the shuttle train. We rode them until sector 19. Then we got on shuttles and crossed into the White Rose Facilities. Faye had ordered 100 Silver Sun operatives to pave the way for us. They had done a good job. I only saw one Silver Sun operative body among the White Rose Soldiers. 

We reached sector 57 an hour later. At least it felt like an hour. We got off the shuttles and walked in the palace. The fighting was already going on. Wren walked in and everything was turned to absolute chaos. The soldiers wouldn’t go near her. The Silver Sun operatives moved as quickly as possible out of her way. She headed straight to the elevator with Alexis. Ruth, Jett, Faye and I started fighting. This would get bloody real fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hiiii, how are you guys today?

Challenge of the double update day: Write/Journal something. It could be anywhere from a grocery list to "I washed my bed sheets today" to literally whatever you did.

Have a wonderful day and I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

-M <3 :)