Chapter 6

Coming out of the shower, I found Elizabeth still in my room with my old guitar in her hands.

"What are you doing?" I asked while I put on a t-shirt.

"Do you remember that time you went to my house excited because you had learned your first song on the guitar?"She asked running her fingers over the strings.

"How to forget" I answered smiling at that memory.

"Can you play it for me?" She asked now with the sight of her on me.

I sat next to her timidly, I took the guitar and began to tune it.

"Okay" I said nervously and began to play softly the first notes of the song.

I could feel Elizabeth's gaze on me and that made me smile.

"Wise men say, only fools rush in" I began to sing with an almost raspy voice "But I can't help falling in love with you"

I looked at Elizabeth and noticed that her eyes were shining.

"Shall I stay?" I continued singing without taking my eyes off her "Would it be a sin. If I can't help falling in love with you?"

I took my gaze back to the guitar and closed my eyes enjoying the song.

"Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be" I continued with the song and I smiled knowing that my favorite part was coming and for which I wanted to learn this song.

I looked at Elizabeth again and smiled sheepishly.

"Take my hand, take my whole life, too" I continued singing and she smiled "For I can't help falling in love with you"

Continue playing the guitar until the notes faded smoothly.

"It's my favorite song" She said giving me a shy smile "And I didn't know how much I missed hearing you sing until today"

"Don't get used to it, Olsen" I said making her laugh.

Elizabeth spent the afternoon at my parent's house and we decided to go to the beach at sunset. I took a hoodie for me and another for her, which was quite big for her.

"How did you arrive?" I asked when I noticed that only my dad's car was there.

"Walking" She replied "I live five minutes from here, it is not necessary to come by car"

I went back to the house and when I went to ask my father for the keys, he already had them in his hands.

"Take care of her" He said leaving me confused.

"I know how to drive" I said letting out a giggle.

"Lizzie" He said looking over his book and I smiled.

We drove to Malibu and I parked in front of the beach.

Elizabeth and I walked until we could find a spot away from potential lurkers and sat down on the sand.

"It's calm" Lizzie said letting out a sigh.

"Are you cold?" I asked noticing that she had hidden her hands inside the sleeves of the hoodie.

"A little" She answered looking at me.

I took the blanket that I had in my backpack and put it on her shoulders.

"What about you?" She asked.

"I'm fine" I answered looking towards the horizon.

The sun began to hide slowly. I put my hand to my side and I got nervous when I noticed Elizabeth's hand next to mine.