Chapter 2

Okay, as it will be Christmas week, here is the second chapter.

---------------------------------------

Lizzie POV

Seeing Noah again got me too excited. He was my best friend until we both headed off to college.

We were supposed to go together, but from one moment to another he changed his mind, which left me totally confused.

It hurt me to see how little emotion he had when he saw me. I really don't understand what is his fucking problem.

We used to be inseparable. We practically grew up together since we were born since our mothers have always been friends.

Our mothers met at school, which made their friendship grow and grow. They separated when Ana Carolina and Caio had to return to Brazil. But that didn't stop them from coming to visit and vice versa.

On one of her visits to the United States, Ana Carolina surprised my mother with her first child and asked my mom to be his godmother.

Yes, my mother is Noah's godmother.

But that is not the point.

I couldn't take my eyes off his features that were unrecognizable to me now.

The shy boy who used to stutter when he was with me was now a totally different person.

He had his beard very well groomed and his body was now toned. His smile and shy look were the little that it was left of my old friend. His blue-gray eyes were still just as intense as the last time I saw him.

"Liz" I heard Robbie say snapping me out of my trance.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked bringing my gaze to him.

"Nothing, I just noticed that you were a little lost" He said laughing.

"I'm fine" I said giving him a fake smile.

Asshole.

"So, you came to stay?" MK suddenly asked and I quickly turned my head towards him.

"Mmm no" Noah replied taking a sip of his beer "I'll only be here two weeks and then I have to go back to Tanzania"

"Don't you want to go back to L.A?" Ashley asked in a sad tone.

"I don't know, Ash" He answered, giving her a sheepish smile "I have an amazing job there. I think I would come back If I find something similar to what I do there and obviously if the pay is the same"

"But have you searched for something?" I asked now almost in a whisper.

"No" He replied without looking at me "The truth is that I'm fine there"

"And isn't it because you have someone there?" MK asked moving her eyebrows.

I don't know why, but when I heard the question my sister asked, my body tensed.

Noah smiled pressing his lips and I noticed how his cheeks began to blush.

"Who is the girl?" Ju asked.

"We work together but it's nothing serious" He answered looking at his sister.

"Let's pretend we believe you" Thiago said making him laugh.

"We'll have to go out dancing since you'll be here" Ashley said excitedly.

"You know I don't dance" Noah said sheepishly.

"Bullshit" Cami said "I've seen you dance"

"But you've seen me dance after a couple of drinks" He said laughing.

"Okay" Ashley said, hitting her palms on her legs "On Friday we will go dancing"

"Friday will be" Noah said.

Noah and I didn't speak for the rest of the afternoon.

My eyes constantly searched for his gaze, but that was impossible.

My heart pounded every time I felt he was going to look at me and it hurt when he didn't.

When Robbie and I got home, I started pacing through the living room.

"You're going to make me dizzy, woman" Robbie said sighing "I don't know what's on your mind but I don't want to be part of it, I'm going to sleep"

I didn't answer. I didn't have the strength to fight with him again.

I walked around the living room, trying to think of how to get Noah to talk to me. I needed answers to my questions.

"That's it" I said suddenly.

The next day I decided to get up early to buy Noah's favorite breakfast and take it to his mother's house.

"Lizzie, what a pleasant surprise" Ana said winking at me "Come in, come in"

"Sorry for coming like this" I said laughing "I brought breakfast"

"Girl, I know exactly why you're here" She said receiving the food "I would have done the same thing"

I followed her to the kitchen where Juliana and Caio were.

"Good morning" I said with a smile.

"Good morning, Lizzie" They said at the same time.

"Noah should be coming downstairs at any moment" Ju said winking at me.

Noah POV

After taking a shower I decided to dress in something comfortable, so I took gray sweatpants and a white t-shirt and I put on my favorite Vans.

When I went down to the kitchen I smelled the delicious aroma of cinnamon toast.

"Bom d..." I said, stopping mid-sentence. (Good mor...)

I was surprised to see Elizabeth having breakfast with my parents and my sister.

"Good morning, Noah" My mother said with a smile "Lizzie brought breakfast"

The only available seat was right next to Elizabeth. I sighed heavily and walked over to sit next to her.

"Hey" She said softly.

"Hey" I said trying not to look at her.

I took one of the toasts and moaned at the delicious taste.

"I haven't tried these in years" I said taking another bite of the toast.

"They are the same ones that you and Lizzie used to eat when you went to school" My mother said and I smiled at the mentioned memory.

Breakfast went by quickly and after washing the dishes I noticed my family walking towards the door, leaving me completely confused.

"Where are you going?" I asked nervously.

"Your father and I have work" My mother answered laughing.

"And I have classes until three" Juliana said.

The three of them said goodbye to us and when I saw the door close behind them I closed my eyes letting out a strong sigh.

"Can we talk?" I heard Lizzie ask behind me.

"Caralho" I said in my mind. (Fuck)

-----------------------------

Hey guys,

I'm going to be honest, but I'm loving this story with every chapter I write.

I hope you have an amazing week.

Take care and remember to drink water.